Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: OMG.... my thoughts and prayers go out to Jed and her family. It does not surprise me to read that she went back into the burning home to try and rescue her dogs...she has always appeared to be a selfless woman who would move heaven and hearth for her animals.

I pray to God that she will recover.

Steve, I have made my donation

rip beautiful puppies... :thumbsup:

Trina

Edited by TrinaJ

glad to hear the dogs will be released - I just asked in one of the other threads. Steve - are you ok with all of the dogs and finding homes for fostering - I am sure you have enough hands there but please let us know if you need more help.

Jed - please be ok.

:thumbsup: sometimes the universe does the shittest and most f^&ked up of things to the nicest of people.

My heart is breaking for Jed for the dogs she has lost including TBCSITW but am gladened to hear that some dogs are save.

Julie - you are remarkable and a true friend to Jed.

Re the RSPCA comment in the paper - I read it as they were seized (which can be done in emergencies) as there was a concern for their welfare as the house was burnt and the owner was incapacitated.

Sending some serious healing vibes to Jed!!

I've made a donation and I told the boyfriend about it, and he is going to donate some money too later tonight!

Wish we can do more to help though!!

My heart's in my stomach. I've donated what I can...I'll be thinking of Jed for the rest of the day and waiting for updates.

RIP doggies...I'm so sorry :thumbsup:

Thanks for everything you're doing Steve.

Thanks Bundy's Mum but I would prefer to deposit directly to Jane or her family.

I also live not that far away and am happy to be a collection point once we know what she needs to get on her feet again etc .....clothing, furniture, electrical goods etc....

I am fairly new to this forum (though been lurking around awhile now), and have to say that the DOL has proven itself to be a great community with genuine people always willing to help others in need. It is wonderful to see that so many people are willing to play a role in helping Jed in this very difficult time in her life. I have read many of Jed's posts and often, and often admire her sensibility and knowledge. I hope she will get better soon... and I am sure she will be very grateful to the folks here at DOL.

Oh no :thumbsup: RIP Doggies. Please be Okay Jed. All my healing thoughts coming your way. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm on the Sunshine Coast if I can do anything to help.

Edited by ari.g

glad to hear the dogs will be released - I just asked in one of the other threads. Steve - are you ok with all of the dogs and finding homes for fostering - I am sure you have enough hands there but please let us know if you need more help.

Jed - please be ok.

Yes thanks - for now the dogs are covered. I have to admit I will breath a sigh of relief when I hear they actually have them in their hands though.

Sending some serious healing vibes to Jed!!

I've made a donation and I told the boyfriend about it, and he is going to donate some money too later tonight!

Wish we can do more to help though!!

Yes, one feels so useless, but as in any emergency, it is probably best to keep out of the way of the experts :thumbsup: .

Hopefully when Jed is feeling a little stronger, these threads will give her more strength to recover physically and help her through the dreadful dark days ahead.

Newest report from The Courier Mail

A WOMAN has been treated for burns after fire tore through a Queensland house that was home to 20 dogs.

Twelve of the dogs have died and others were injured, with the RSPCA called in to care for the animals.

Police say the woman received burns to her face trying to rescue the animals.

The fire broke out about 3am today and quickly took hold in the low-set timber and brick home at Bellmere near Caboolture north of Brisbane.

Fire investigators will investigate the cause of the fire.

Fire crews arrived at the scene and managed to rescue 14 dogs and three puppies.

They initially reported three dogs as deceased.

The surviving hounds all suffered smoke inhalation but were in fair health and unharmed, according to the RSPCA.

A cat was also taken from the property after suffering burns, and is being treated at a veterinary surgery

It's a bit clearer than earlier ones about the RSPCA's involvement and not "the dogs were seized".

I am yet another who does not know Jed, but I have always respected her clear passion for her animals. I know that tonight I will be taking the time to remind each and every one of mine how important they are to my life and happiness. An absolutely horrific tragedy for Jed and the dog world, RIP little ones you will all meet again some day. I hope her physical healing is speedy, but I am sure that the emotional healing will take a lifetime. My sincerest condolensces