Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Have spoken to guss, she is away but has given me a description of Magnus, he is a black cocker, mid aged?- she wasn't sure.

In his picture (previous page) he is an elderly golden cocker. Come on Magnus, come home.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually posted the following as my FB status, just in case any of my friends are around the Caboolture area -

"Can anybody in the Bellmere, Caboolture area please keep an eye out for a golden coloured male cocker spaniel. He is believed to have gone missing during the chaos of the big house fire down there, and it would mean the world to his owner to get him back"

Magnus is a gold cocker, he is significantly bigger then an average cocker with giant sized paws.

He is elderly now and has quite saggy/droopy eyes.

Maggie is a black cocker, and she is middle aged. Maggie was bred by Marg though, so we would know if it was Maggie missing.

The other gold cocker is Gammble, but as he too was bred by Marg, again, we would know if it was him missing.

Steve/Julie...is there someway MDBA PACERS can have an DOL-online auction?.. where DOLers can put up some merchandise for other DOLers to bid on.

I am sure that many of us would like to donate something and may be having difficulty in giving a monetary donation and who have dog-stuff that is longer need and is still in good condition that we would donate--the money to be put into MDBA PACERS bank account.

Is this possible?

Another idea is to contact Oztion Auctions and see if they would help in creating a MDBA PACERS auction.

Great idea Boronia.

I have already donated, but am prepared to also donate a crate for the cause

Edited by dyzney

The cocker in the clip was a young fellow - not Mangus and Marg and Lesley who have been to the house,both know him in person, and had a look for him are pretty convinced based on the description that its him that did the bunk.

I have just finished reading through this entire thread and am in tears.

My heart is breaking for Jed.

Even though I only know her from her posts here I think she would be really moved to know how much she is loved.

I am another one who has valued her posts here on DOL.

She sounds like a remarkable woman and my thoughts and prayers are with her.

MDBA PACERS you are wonderful, not only because you are helping with the practicalities but also because you really care about the little details of this and want she would want.

I am off to make a donation now.

I just also wanted to add that the DOL community never fails to warm my heart in the face of tragedy.

I have friends not far from Caboolture will get them to keep an eye out for Magnus.

Have spoken to guss, she is away but has given me a description of Magnus, he is a black cocker, mid aged?- she wasn't sure.

Have also spoken to a friend who works at both Woodford and Wamuran vet clinics, her parents live nearby and will do a door knock this evening. I will meet her Mum in the morning to see what streets to need to be covered. The vet clinic is also aware of Magnus in case he is found.

Will deliver feed to the ponies as needed. :)

Good on you Hesa :confused:

Come on back little Cocker fella, it's safe now :(

My heart is breaking for you Jed. :confused: God bless all your beautiful dogs, I'm so sorry that you couldn't save them all. The fact that you tried so hard is testament to your enormous love for them. Please get well soon, we all need you here - you're like our very own "DOl Wikepedia". What you don't know, isn't worth knowing.

Keeping you and your four legged friends in my prayers. xxx

Steve/Julie...is there someway MDBA PACERS can have an DOL-online auction?.. where DOLers can put up some merchandise for other DOLers to bid on.

I am sure that many of us would like to donate something and may be having difficulty in giving a monetary donation and who have dog-stuff that is longer need and is still in good condition that we would donate--the money to be put into MDBA PACERS bank account.

Is this possible?

Another idea is to contact Oztion Auctions and see if they would help in creating a MDBA PACERS auction.

Great idea Boronia.

I have already donated, but am prepared to also donate a crate for the cause

Hi dyzney, I have a rather large soft crate (it's like a canvas cubbie house with windows) that I don't need so would be happy to donate...What do you think Steve?...can you run an auction?

I still don't know what to say :(

Sending positive thoughts...

I can't really help out financially due to not having a job right now, but if I can assist with fundraising or with anything else at all let me know.

There's a Caboolture District Community Radio station that broadcasts info of interest to the specific area. (The council actually uses it in times of emergency).

http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/living.aspx?id=6019

Someone who knows the details about the missing cocker, Magnus, should contact them to spread request to find him or report sightings.

From Council:

The station operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing programs of general interest to Shire residents including a news service on the hour as well as sport and other valuable community information.

Phone:

(07) 5495 1015

Fax:

(07) 5495 1598

Email:

[email protected]

Edited by mita

There's a photo of an older Golden Cocker with a claim that it is Magnus. Then I read in a post that Magnus is a Black Cocker.

I'm confused :confused: .

MAGNUS is gold, old, and large in size.

MAGGIE is black, middle aged and correct size. Marg bred Maggie though, so it is DEFFINATELY not her who is missing.

The voice of reason, logic, calm and wisdom regarding many things dog has been dealt a severe blow. :confused::(

But I know that Jed will prevail and will be with us again as soon as possible.

Jed will be sorely missed over the coming weeks from many DOL discussions, but I for one will miss her input into DOL discussions and will be thinking of her and hoping like hell that her passion for dogs and life will get her through and bring her back to us and more importantly her family and dogs.

Keep fighting Jed as you have so many people behind you and wishing you well.

All our prayers for a speedy recovery.