Hello I Am Don Burke, Yeah Right!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favourite Burkes Backwhatever moment was when they were filming Irish Wolfhounds and we were asked if we could make them "frolic". Once we stopped choking and replied in the negative, we were then asked if we could make them play "chasings"

These people really knew their dog breeds :rofl: :rofl:

Just quietly, not many people want to be chased by an IW :hug:

:(:) Was that the day at Fagan park in Arcadia ?

OMG.....the only bits that they showed on the tv programme, after seven hours of filming on a warm day, were the bits you would NOT use to promote your breed !

things like encouraging people to have the dogs up on their shoulders ect.

"make them DO something" !! can't you just let them go (public park with tame waterfowl and parents with toddlers romping :hug: ) I replied with, oh yeah, I can let this fella go if you want to see some duck carnage !!!!

Xolo....there's a reason the name has become a noun.....he's a BURKE !!

fifi

Yeah, Feef, that was the day. The filming with those appalling dancing sprogs, Fiona F espousing you had to feed an IW Pro Plan or something almost as good, and the dipshit with the jumping hound. What a waste of a day. They ended up recycling footage from years earlier where Christopher South was about 5 years old. (He's in his mid 20's now)

Bloody wanker.

CALLER "My name is Don Burke from Burke s Backyard"

ME "Oh yeah this is Elle McPherson from my own yard"

CALLER "Seriously, this is Don Burke"

ME "Well what are you doing out of the garden" I said

:hug: I wish I had your wit Wazzat Xolo, because that was classic!

:hug: I wish I had your wit Wazzat Xolo, because that was classic!

Me too, I'm choking on my glass of wine :(:) I can't stand Burke, the Jerk :hug:

I remember one of the last 'breed tests' that Rob Zammit did with him, poor Rob's eye's were rolling as burke sprouted 'expert breed knowledge' and kept contradicting the VET !!

the twit tries to breed every animal he comes into contact with, some horse people really saw him coming !!!!!

IW4ME, didn't they ask one of us to run up the hill so they could film the hounds loose and chasing ?!!! can't remember any volunteers for that one !!!

fifi

I remember one of the last 'breed tests' that Rob Zammit did with him, poor Rob's eye's were rolling as burke sprouted 'expert breed knowledge' and kept contradicting the VET !!

the twit tries to breed every animal he comes into contact with, some horse people really saw him coming !!!!!

IW4ME, didn't they ask one of us to run up the hill so they could film the hounds loose and chasing ?!!! can't remember any volunteers for that one !!!

fifi

Yes, morons. It was hot, we were tired and the dogs were just wanting to go home. That day is burned into memory and I have resisted any urge to do stuff like that again.

Although, Tiggy did a fashion shoot at Camden. 9 hours for 2 photos. I guess I'm just a slow learner. :hug:

fifi

Yes, morons. It was hot, we were tired and the dogs were just wanting to go home. That day is burned into memory and I have resisted any urge to do stuff like that again.

Although, Tiggy did a fashion shoot at Camden. 9 hours for 2 photos. I guess I'm just a slow learner. :hug:

:( Sadly, I still have the don burke magazine with the wolfhound feature in it.......the only plus is that we were all younger and skinnier & some of our hounds from over a decade ago are in the piccies !!

and of course........oodles were still a food without the 'N' :)

fifi

Just quietly, not many people want to be chased by an IW :hug:

Ridiculous statement.

My friend had two big male Iws, and three bitch lurchers, and when she told me how fast they could run, I laughed and said no way. I took her offer up and ran across her paddock. On prior agreement, she counted to 20 and then let them go with the command "go go go!" which she used to get them to flush rabbits from the grass.

I was at about the quarter point when I turned around to shout "Haha! Told you!", when roughly 300 kilos of fur and bone hit me.

I went over backwards, they landed on me, licked my face, stepped on my windpipe, clawed my legs up and down, left a bruise across my face from a tail swipe and also pierced my left earlobe.

Really, one of their claws got pushed halfway through my earlobe.

I also lost one of my gumboots, and to this day have no idea where it went.

I have to say, limping back to the house while five dogs bounced around me and on me going "Oh,boy! What a great game! Keep running!" was one of the better experiences of my life.

I highly recommend everyone try it at least once. :(

I had a friend that was being filmed for a segment for his show and he spent the entire time gawking at her chest. She got so over it that she proceeded to bend over and speak directly to his groin in return. After a few replies to his groin they stopped filming to ask what she was doing and she gave it to him in no uncertain terms... she said that once it was all over a lot of the behind the scenes tv people there commended her as not many people gave it back to him like that :hug:

I had a friend that was being filmed for a segment for his show and he spent the entire time gawking at her chest. She got so over it that she proceeded to bend over and speak directly to his groin in return. After a few replies to his groin they stopped filming to ask what she was doing and she gave it to him in no uncertain terms... she said that once it was all over a lot of the behind the scenes tv people there commended her as not many people gave it back to him like that ;)

LMFAO old perves, there's so many of em! I get enough of them at work, if Don comes in I'll be sure to pull my top up FAR :laugh: :p

My dog has played zoomies with a deer hound. Deerhound was faster but mine was tighter on the turns and lasted longer. Both enjoyed themselves.

I don't know don burke but your descriptions remind me of show I saw on ABC docos recently

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/geo/documentaries...ve/ipsychopath/

control freak

runs people down

absolutely unbelievabley charming and persuasive when wants something

I reckon he wants to cross them with a crested !!!

and make BIG my little pony's !!!

fifi

OOOOH Can I put an order in now for a pink one with stripes :p ;) What a sad man...

gosh, we really need this laugh :mad

I would have thought one of the rainbow big little pony's would be much sought after :laugh:

fifi

Who by? Mr Burke perhaps.... the next big thing??? ;)

:laugh: I wish I had your wit Wazzat Xolo, because that was classic!

Thanks QBF but its got me in more trouble than anything!! over the years!

:p

I have just read this from the start. I am quite suprised I have not woken up the kids. This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time, and Wazzat - I love your style. I wish I was that quick.

Love it so much I am going to read it again!