Best Surprise On My Doorstep

HeavyPaws

Just half an hour ago I got home, and there was a box on my doorstep/porch area. I hadn't ordered anything but Mum sometimes sends me things she's bought on ebay that she thinks I'd find useful, so I wasn't too surprised.

Until I opened it!

There was an envelope inside with a letter that says:

'Dear lovely owner of the Great Dane. The park you visit every day is opposite my house. Your beautiful dog 'goes' under the tree near the road and you always pick the poop up. You always have your dog on a leash and it is always well behaved. Seeing it reminds me of my dog from when I was young and it makes me happy to see a loved animal. Thank you for being responsible and giving me a smile while I do my gardening {smiley face}'

Inside the box was a plastic packet of squeaky 'Junk Food dog Toys': a chicken drumstick shaped toy, a burger toy, a hotdog toy and an icecream toy. There was also two Black Dog smoked lamb necks and two packets of Black Dog emu sticks.

The park is about four doors down from where I live and I know where the tree is so tomorrow I'm going to go at our usual time and keep an eye out for someone watching from a house and gardening.

If you're a DOLer, thank you! :thanks:

It made me feel so special!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How lovely for her to acknowledge your efforts to be responsible. I wonder if she is lonely or just loves GD so much that she would love to meet yours.It sounds like she may wish to become friendly acquaintances and probably wants to pat your dog. I think you may have made a new friend without even trying.

What a really lovely thing for someone to have done :thanks:

It's a shame though when 'responsible' dog ownership is obviously not seen as the norm :rofl: A great off-lead area near me has so much dog poo around it's unreal :laugh: and there are so many bins and bags provided there is no excuse. When I go to get fresh bags you have to be careful not to tread in the poo next to the bins :rofl:

I'm really really sorry to bring a shadow into this wonderful thread. My initial response was the same as everyone else's also ..... ie How lovely.

BUT .... please be careful. This world is full of cookes :thanks: and you should be vigilant until you know who this person is and whether this person is honest and genuine in his/her intentions.

Again - I feel dreadful for being so *dark* on something that is so otherwise lovely and potentially beautiful as far as gestures go. But I'd equally hate myself if I didn't utter this note of caution and something happened as a result. It is horrible that the world has become such that we end up suspicious of even the most loveliest of gestures. That I can see something *sinister* is only a small blip on my radar - I really do think there is every chance that someone out there is being honest and appreciative at the smile you bring to his/her face with the memories you and your dog spark when you 'visit'.

I hope it is the real deal and that you get to meet this person and that a genuine friendship might even spark up as a result :laugh:.

Edited by Erny

How lovely for her to acknowledge your efforts to be responsible. I wonder if she is lonely or just loves GD so much that she would love to meet yours.It sounds like she may wish to become friendly acquaintances and probably wants to pat your dog. I think you may have made a new friend without even trying.

That is just so special :thanks::laugh:

oh wow that is so nice!!

this person must have a lot of time on their hands....

Not necessarily. For a kind person, doing something like this would be just a nice part of their day.