Im Devasted

julzjc

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not panic yet....remember the death of a close family friend or inlaw (I forget exactly) kept her away from DOL few days back...maybe it's the funeral keeping her away now??

Trying to look on the bright side :(

Sending healing vibes just in case...

Edited to add : It was both a family friend (#104 p7) and an in-law (#38 p3) all that AND Bonnie sick!! Extra hugs on the way :rainbowbridge::cry:

julz certainly needs her guardian angel right now --- that's an awful lot for anyone to deal with...

all my absolute best wishes julz, i hope you're holding up and feeling all our good thought vibrations bouncing all over the universe for you, your dogs and of course your family :(

Sorry everyone for not being online (pretty bad chest infection :rainbowbridge: ). Honestly have no idea on what I put in my last post. Bonnie went down hill again on tuesday, grey gums so I took her to the local vet (2min from my house instead of 30min drive to my normal vet), not my first choice but I wanted her seen to asap. Her clotting time came in at 1min 29seconds, above normal range but not by that much. Her gums werent that great when we first got there but after a while, with all of her excitment, they had pinked up a bit. They kept her in overnight for obs as it was hard to tell how she was feeling (so excited that her eyes were completly blood shot from pulling on her collar trying to lick the vet). She wasnt put on fluids as she was guzzling water when offered it and was still eating. Picked her up in the morning and she was basically back to being "Bonnie", she was still ignoring non-family members but was ALOT better. Yesterday and today you would swear that nothing had happend to her! She is acting 100% better which is hard as she wants to play fight with Indie and is starting to go stir crazy not being allowed to play/exercise.

To look at her, she has lost alot of condition, looks skinny, lost alot of muscle and has a dull coat but atleast her "stafford grin" is back instead of the constant "sad eyes". Energy wise, its becoming a hard task to stop her from doing zoomies when she is let out to go toilet (she wont toilet when on a lead). Constantly trying to push her tug toys into our hands so that we will play with her, sorry lass but its not happening for a while yet.

Thankyou everyone for all your lovely posts and thankyou for the pms on alternative vets, much appriciated!

Julz, Bon & Indie.