Please Pray For Chase

Kaffy Magee

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just rang them, the vet nurse I spoke to had just got in, she couldnt tell me much as the vets arent in yet. The main thing is he is still alive, she said he is just lying there, pretty washed out and to ring back in an hour and they should have more of an idea on his situation.

I was so tired last night I thought I'd drop off to sleep instantly but no such luck. I did a bit of research on anaphylaxis and its says that usually when someone/dog experiences it they have been sensitised to it previously. So for example if it was a bee, it means he has been stung before(with no reaction) and quite often the reaction is instant. Which makes me wonder whether the treat I gave him for coming when called is the culprit. I had only used them minimally in the 2 days leading up to this, I gave a few to him earlier that day when I was teaching him to drop, but maybe the last one I gave immediately before his reaction was the one to cause it. They are only tiny treats so I dont know whether it took a few to become sensitised to it, hence being able to use them over a couple of days. Either way I wont be trying to find out.

I asked the vet about getting an epi pen for him for the future like people have, but he didnt know and said he would find out. Ive since read on the internet you can.

I just have this horrible feeling that even though he survived the night he will be brain damaged :rofl:

Edited by Kaffy Magee

Just saw this thread and my heart goes out to you Kaffy... I can only imagine the worry and pain you are going through

Hang in there Chase - you can do it :thumbsup:

Sending multiple healing vibes to Chase and hugs to you :laugh:

The fact that he is still hanging in there is encouraging :thumbsup:

Do you know what kind of treatment he is recieving in the meantime. Supportive treatment I mean.

What kind of fluids, analgesia etc.

I doubt it was the treat. If that were the case he would probably just have a really bad digestive reaction unless it had somthing like nuts or licorice (SP) in it??

I am sending out all vibes I can for you.

Please get well soon Chase :laugh::curtsey::laugh::laugh::laugh: :D

Edited by BellaDonna

Well I spoke to the vet. He has improved and can sit up on his own :D :D He still isnt breathing the best and still needs to be treated for the fluid in his chest but the vet says he should recover :(:):):thumbsup: ;) :laugh::curtsey::):laugh:

I dont think I have cried so hard since all this happened until the vet said those words. I said I would come in and see him in a minute, but my face and eyes are so puffy now, lol.

:laugh::laugh: :D for everyones support, cyber hugs and prayers. I know thats what pulled him through, it means so much to me that you all care.