2011 Brags Thread

:) :D :( Wow - way to go the gurus and the clever WA puppers. Great night, (How are the heads this morning?? :D )

We are all just pacing ourselves - ask us again on night 4!

Pat on the back for my little blonde girl, Beans who top scored the heel round in the open ring last night. It all went pearshaped after that - but I was really pleased with the effort and in hindsight I should have jackpotted and left.

Top marks to Caffy who managed to restore a sit from the down position in the last 24 hours - well done mate Snaz did some lovely work.

Rubystar's Millie will put some nice scores on the board in the next 12 months judging from her work last night.

Bedazzled's boy Brookie - he's a star - but I wish the two boys would stop texting each other and comparing notes. Both our boys failed open ring work. I can't remember the last tme that ever happened!

Considering the problems I have been havng in UDX over the last 3 weeks Scoota was a very good boy last night!

Thanks Ptolomy...I'm so happy with Snazzy...he's such a joy to trial with his happy face the whole way round.

There was some lovely rounds out there last night...congratulations everyone :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done everyone!! I was very happy with masons heelwork i could not have asked him to do better he did not miss any automatic sits which he did in practice trials. His sit stay was a flop but i am still proud of him and just need to now work harder on stays :(

That'll come Mason...congratulations on his ring work :(

Well done everyone!! I was very happy with masons heelwork i could not have asked him to do better he did not miss any automatic sits which he did in practice trials. His sit stay was a flop but i am still proud of him and just need to now work harder on stays :)

That'll come Mason...congratulations on his ring work :(
Well done everyone!! I was very happy with masons heelwork i could not have asked him to do better he did not miss any automatic sits which he did in practice trials. His sit stay was a flop but i am still proud of him and just need to now work harder on stays :)

Thanks, I saw Brookie doing some great work last night :) He is such a hard worker your boy!!

:) Seems like there was some really good work done by DOL dogs last night - good luck for the next few days. ANd wish me luck for Rory's first trial tomorrow. We're not really quite ready - but there are so few trials here, it's worth putting him in. Hmmm - Ptolomy - jackpotting and leaving after some lovely heeling - sounds like a plan - that's if I get the nice heeling. :(

Bedazzled's boy Brookie - he's a star - but I wish the two boys would stop texting each other and comparing notes. Both our boys failed open ring work. I can't remember the last tme that ever happened!

That made me laugh. When my first boy Sam was in UD, there was a lovely little Pem Corgi - beautiful working dog - usually. Every now and again, he and Sam wouild both decide on some crazy new way of failing an exercise - and it can't just be texting, cos this was in the days before mobiles LOL . We reckoned it was telepathy. (And yes, children, there was life before the mobile phone and computer :) .)

I can join this thread today :eek:

I have survived my first obedience trial and to top it off my Finnish Lapphund, Varda, got 92 in CCD at the Western Classic to earn 2nd place ;) And the marks were lost by me :cheer: The judge actually told me that she probably would have gotten the top score in the heel work except I stuffed up what pace I was walking at :) And then I stuffed up her heel signal in the recall so Varda looked at me thinking I had asked her to stay. Oh well, at least one of us knows what she is doing :laugh:

Varda was actually entered in her first obedience trial about 3 years ago but came into season so missed out. She was a PITA as she cycled every 3-5 months so missed out on the other couple of trials I also entered her in. Then a failed attempt at having a litter (one still born pup ;) ) and her enthusiasm levels for trialing work went even lower which was not so great for a not very high drive dog to begin with, so she has had a break - in fact she barely gets trained as the more she trains the less drive she has :p That and the pregnancy resulted in a fat dog who did not want to lose weight! So it was a real buzz to actually get her into the ring. And my aim for the night was for her to just leave the start peg!

Although I learnt last night that while I don't get nervous doing agility I definitely do when confronted with obedience!

ETA: All the DOL dogs were very good children last night on the whole :cheers:

Edited by mirawee

Congrats to all the WA obedience trialling DOLers for last night! Between us all I think we managed some very nice rounds! Special well done to mirawee and Mason2009 being their first trials and doing really well!! ;)

Rubystar's Millie will put some nice scores on the board in the next 12 months judging from her work last night.

Thanks Ptolomy :cheers: And gosh I hope so. I could use a kid who makes all the training worthwhile in the end! She had some nice scores last night for her first Open trial, just a shame she bombed on the distance control (and not on the bit I thought she'd fail! Usually it would be the sit to fail on, not the down :eek:)

Millie was a good girl last night. My brag for her was there was a little hiccup with the retrieve over solid jump, and she still managed to pull it together. I threw a crappy dumbell, asked judge for rethrow, he refused :) sent her, she saw a shiny object straight ahead, went to it, realised it wasn't what she needed to return with, backtracked, got the dumbell, and still managed to straighten herself up on her return to come back over the jump to present in front :cheer: And while I was debating with the judge for a rethrow, she sat there like a good girl, instead of prematurely leaving for the dumbell which she sometimes does :laugh:

Ruby put in a decent effort for her heelwork. Not at the level I know she can do, and what she was giving me a year ago, but it's slowly mending itself. I just wish I could figure out what I did to break her over the past year ;) Once we can fix it she'll be giving Millie a run for her money :p

Hmmm - Ptolomy - jackpotting and leaving after some lovely heeling - sounds like a plan - that's if I get the nice heeling. :)

I did that a fortnight ago, but entered NFC. Did heelwork with Ruby then left to jackpot :eek:

Congrats to the WA dolers! So, are there trials for you guys over the next few nights too?? Good luck!

Agility and Jumping tonight, Games tomorrow and Agility and Jumping Teams on Monday :) So a full on weekend! I think Ptolomy and I are both showing tonight and tomorrow night as well :eek:

Sounds like a busy weekend out there - Congrats to all the DOLers on the good results and good luck for those to come :)

We had a good trial today - Lomani came home with 2 Q's from 2 runs. Pretty good considering that it was very wet underfoot and Lomani's coat acts like a giant sponge in wet weather which used to put her off. Since we started this year it doesn't seem that anything can put her off though :) At present we have 10 Q's from 14 runs for the year :rofl:

Here's some vid of her runs today ;)

Way to go all WA DOL'rs!! Sounds like you're all having a good time!! :)

Also, congrats Nicole and Lomani!! :rofl: 10 Q's this year already! Wow, well done! We haven't even had an agility trial yet :)

I've got a tiny semi-brag tonight. First obedience trial of 2011, entered Jess in open. She did pretty well in the ring and seemed really happy, which is what we're aiming for this year :laugh:. So we were passing up until stays - when she reverted back to her old ways and dropped in the sit stay. Dammit - would have been an 185, which I would of been ecstatic with. Oh well... back to hard core stay training we go ;)

Ella and I managed to scrape through for our second OC leg tonight! We ended up with 185 and first place (the only dog to qualify). It was wet, boggy and miserable the whole time so I'm really proud of how well she worked! At first I thought we didn't have enough points but it turns out that the stewards couldn't read the judge's sheet and got some scores wrong on the board... I was most surprised when the judge said I'd got 185 at presentations! LOL

Bugger DSO - must have been talking to Kenz who also dropped in her sit stay in novice. Worked an absolutely stunning ring round though although a little bit too full of herself and forgot to wait for the finish on the recall.

Ness worked a lovely UD round only to miss the drop signal in the signals COP. Bugger. Oh so close.

Congratulations on everyones passes. Yep know all about those sit stays. Bloody black and white borders

Well I had to have a brag tonight. Little Gabby was a good girl she won Open with 197 and had a countback with a friends score and I actually won a countback (normally I loose a countback) We have seem to have gotten over our phobia about the dumbell and a judge giving out commands(last 3 open trials she would fly out to get the dumbell and than slowly bring it to me and than drop it half way)arghhhh so am quite proud of that. We also won ud being the only qualifier there with 189 we lost 5 points in the sendaway by dropping in the box and having to give her a sit command. (that was a new one to write up in the little ol black book). Inka was passing in open and we manage the dreaded sit stay and did a lovely 3 min and when I left her for the drop thinking yep we got this one she apparantly sat up and did another lovely 5 min sit stay (crikies can never stay sitting up and now we cant stay down arghhhhhh). Oh well still proud of my girls though

Well done Nicole on the 2 Q's! I'll watch the videos soon :laugh:

Seita, congrats on OC leg #2!! She'll have it in no time!!

DSO, that is awesome about passing the ringwork, bugger about the stays!!

ness, bugger your girls didn't get passes tonight but it sounds like they did well!!

xena98, congrats on Gabby's Open and UD wins!! :rofl:

Phew, did I miss anyone? How did the WA crew get on tonight? Think I saw bedazzled gain a placing in something??

I posted this in the WA thread, but thought I'd post it here too. No Q brags but my girls were good!:

4 runs at the agility trial tonight, no passes, but some lovely work :) Millie did me proud in Novice Agility, all she missed were her weaves (got a refusal first try, repeated, then she missed one weave near the end), but she didn't blow me off on the course which she has started doing lately and her contacts were lovely! Novice Jumping for her, got a refusal as she blew me off for a second to stop and sniff the ground ;) and one knocked bar at the end, otherwise another nice round for a dog who has had very little training go into her :rofl:

Ruby was one knocked bar off her JD title, but I'm not phased because that means we get to do Novice at the State agility trial and not scary Excellent just yet! For a very tired puppy dog, she then finished off with Open Jumping and nailed her weave entry and did all the weaves first go :) We still can't do the distance part but oh well :laugh: She went round with enthusiasm and a waggy tail despite her droopy eyes all night.

Cheers to my girls, you did me proud this weekend regardless of no Q's!! :laugh:

Ella and I managed to scrape through for our second OC leg tonight! We ended up with 185 and first place (the only dog to qualify). It was wet, boggy and miserable the whole time so I'm really proud of how well she worked! At first I thought we didn't have enough points but it turns out that the stewards couldn't read the judge's sheet and got some scores wrong on the board... I was most surprised when the judge said I'd got 185 at presentations! LOL

Good thing you didnt let the weather send you home early after all.. :rofl: Those conditions were horrendous werent they?

Still happy with my little girl I think I see light at the end of the tunnel

Good thing you didnt let the weather send you home early after all.. :rofl: Those conditions were horrendous werent they?

Still happy with my little girl I think I see light at the end of the tunnel

I know! I was soo tempted to go home because we weren't getting on OC leg but am glad I stayed! :) I think there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel, Coco definitely knows it all she just needs to put it all together for you at the one trial now!