Rip Cowboy 17/08/2000 - 31/05/2012

anniek

It has taken me a week to post this as I am heartbroken. I hope it is ok to post in here as my fellow DOL photog friends knew him the best.

As some of you know, Cowboy has been aging rapidly, and over a month ago he suddenly went down on a back leg which was suddenly paralysed. He was recovering really well - until last Thursday.

Last Thursday started as a lovely day - sunny and warm - we all went to the local reserve around midday. Cowboy had a lovely time just pottering around in the sunshine - I took some happy pics. We got home, and as he was walking to his bed he fell to the ground and screamed. We picked him up and hubby carried him to his bed and I had a feel - his left elbow was loose. We took him to the vet and Dr. Al confirmed that his elbow had broken.

He passed peacefully in his favouriote place - the back of the car, just after 3pm.

These are the last pics I took of him - taken on his last day.

c1s-vert.jpg

:cry: Annie so sorry to hear about your boy, even though we know it's coming it still hits us hard when it does.

RIP beautiful Cowboy, I'll miss seeing your smiley face in the photo threads.

Big hugs to you from me and the gang. :hug:

thank you everyone - I am so pleased I used him for the 52 weeks project last year as it forced me to make an extra effort to "capture moments".

I have some wonderful photographic memories of him, I just can't look at them yet :cry:

anyway, must get caught up with this years 52 weeks with Phoebe and the other greyhounds.

Annie

Rest easy, handsome man. Watch over your family, especially in this time of sadness. My wish for you is that you are as happy and loved in the next life as you were in this one.

Anniek... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: