Atlas

Teebs

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't beat yourself up Teebs. You did all you could. You were not to know he would go downhill as fast as he did. Even the vet said he was ok to stay with you. If you'd have taken him in the vets the night before, you may not have been there when he passed. At least he was with the people he loved at the end.

RIP Atlas. Hugs to you Teebs, it's a horrible pain when we lose our loved ones but in time the pain will ease.

Don't beat yourself up Teebs. You did all you could. You were not to know he would go downhill as fast as he did. Even the vet said he was ok to stay with you. If you'd have taken him in the vets the night before, you may not have been there when he passed. At least he was with the people he loved at the end.

This. Having had a dog die overnight alone at a vet with this, I don't recommend it :(

Teebs I'm so sorry, every time I see someone post about this disease on DOL my heart sinks, because while some survive, many don't. You followed the treatment, you were with him, even if you'd got to the vet earlier there still may have been nothing that would turn the tide.

Go easy on yourself, it's a shitful disease that many have battled hard and lost. RIP Atlas.

So sorry, Teebs :(

I think it's human nature to go straight to the "what ifs", even when you've done everything right and given him the best chance he could have. He was a lucky dog to have such a great owner, just try to remember that.

I am so sorry for your loss.

It has been so obvious how much you loved your little man over the years through your stories of Atlas's adventures.

He was such a character and will be hugely missed here on DOL.

Rest easy beautiful man. You did your family proud and will always be in their hearts.

Take care Teebs. Atlas will be right there with you.

Edited by baifra

Vale Atlas - one of the true legends of DOL. Run free gorgeous boy and know that you were very loved in your time on Earth. Watch over those who love you and wait for them, running free at the Bridge.

:rainbowbridge:

Edited by KelpieHoundMum