My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crickets

Whether one uses any form of restraint or not, there is still no excuse for anyone leaving a dog on a table (or a bench) while they go to lunch... as happened in Buddy's case...

T.

Absolutely! Just inexcusable :mad

I am so so sorry that this has happened to you & your Buddy.

I have groomed dogs professionally for over 25 yrs now and still our industry is completely unregulated. ANYONE can put out their shingle & claim to be a dog groomer.

There is no excuse for these tragedies. Just none. Why the hell anyone still uses a choker/slip collar on the inside of a grooming shop is beyond me. There are so many better & more professional ways to tether a dog. & of course the number one safety element in grooming is NEVER leave a dog unattended on a table, tethered or not...just NEVER do it.

I have so much more to say on this subject which I am incredibly passionate about but for now I just will say again how awfully sorry I am to hear what you have been put through.

:mad:mad :mad

Do you have a salon here in SA? If a groomer is not supposed to use a choker slip knot what are they supposed to use? This is out of interest cos I have a Puli and he is taken to the groomers and I just want to make sure this does not happen to my fur son. Maybe I just wont take him anymore and learn to do it myself. I am absolutely terrified now.

I'll leave it for crickets to answer your questions but I just wanted to say that I know her and she grooms my boy and I trust her completely. :)

Crickets doesn't do my westies but that's only because I met her years after I started going to the Spoilt Dog, who have been fabulous too. Crickets has an excellent reputation and I would certainly trust her with my westies without a second thought. :)

Yes they just won a grooming award at last years royal show.

How are you going Cazstaff? Thinking of you xxx

Thankyou FF and all the others sending me strength and condolences. Im hanging in there still finding it hard to believe it has actually happened and I shouldn't be picking him up soon. I dreamt last night that another Goldy had appeared in our home and I could pretend it was Buddy and the last week was just a bad dream, funny how the mind tries to console itself.

His ashes came back yesterday with his little headstone so they have pride of place in the loungeroom with his favorite stuffed toy cat and his collar. I found myself sniffing his collar this morning, but it doesnt smell like my Buddy :cry:

Its good to read about other groomers and their practises, the ones that truely care about their customers. So thankyou to all those who have contributed to this thread, it gives me a clearer picture of how things should be done in Salons and just how outragous Buddy's treatment was.

A dear fellow rescue friend visited me yesterday so I got to debrief lots... to go over Buddy's life with me and his time living with my mother leading up to and including her passing last August, all the fine details and blurt out the Why the hell did this happen to Buddy & me!! It was only the 2nd time both of us had set foot in a grooming salon in our lives, what extreme unfortunate odds they were.

I have to believe things happen for a reason even though we can't possibly see why at the time. So I will see through what I have to, that precious darling soul will not have suffered alone for nothing.

I miss you every minute my darling Buddy, keep sending me strength Golden boy. Mummy loves you xxx.

P1110127_zpsd321d063.jpgP1110084_zps2f9b34c8.jpg

What a handsome face :love:

Edited by Cazstaff

He is a very beautiful dog, Cazstaff, and a wise one. He is happy now, playing over the bridge, and the bad thing that happened to him is only a dull memory which he never thinks of. He remembers the good times as he idles in the serenity and beauty around him.

I think that salon owes you all the expenses related to Buddy's passing, and the price of a new dog. Plus the idiot who was supposed to be responsisble for him should lose her job. I hope the salon has made some attempt to recompense you. Nothing will bring Buddy back, but a little justice would help heal the wounds.

As heart wrenching as the situation has been and is, I am so glad to hear you'll follow this up. Not he, you nor anyone deserves this when it could have been prevented so easily if people had been doing their job the way it is supposed to be, and is expected to be, done.

I wish I could offer you more comfort. Again, please don't ever blame yourself. It's clear from your photographs what a wonderful life you gave him and what a wonderful owner you are to your dogs.

I think that salon owes you all the expenses related to Buddy's passing, and the price of a new dog. Plus the idiot who was supposed to be responsisble for him should lose her job. I hope the salon has made some attempt to recompense you. Nothing will bring Buddy back, but a little justice would help heal the wounds.

I think the salon needs to close down!

There were 4 staff on including the owner, this is not a once off for this salon.

I morn for Buddy everyday even though I didn't know him, a innocent lost at the hands of negligence.

I only hope his death is not in vain and it spares the lives and suffering of others.

Buddy I am sorry that not all professionals are professional.

He is a very beautiful dog, Cazstaff, and a wise one. He is happy now, playing over the bridge, and the bad thing that happened to him is only a dull memory which he never thinks of. He remembers the good times as he idles in the serenity and beauty around him.

Beautiful post Jed & very well said. You are so right when you say justice will help heal so beautiful Buddy's death wont be in vain. I was just looking at be photo's Caz posted of him. Such a regal looking boy & such a beautiful face. I have cried many a tear for him & it doesn't look like I'm done yet :(

Why tragedies like this happen to such beautiful dogs & their very devoted, caring owners is way beyond me.

Edited by BC Crazy

He is a very beautiful dog, Cazstaff, and a wise one. He is happy now, playing over the bridge, and the bad thing that happened to him is only a dull memory which he never thinks of. He remembers the good times as he idles in the serenity and beauty around him

Indeed ..and there is certainly no guilt ascribed to you, cazstaff ...

:hug: