What Have You Found In Your Dogs Bed

pirate

Decided to wash the dogs bed and Pirate had a stash of cheese stick, Easter egg wrapper, cat food, a teddy bear that l didn't now was missing, $2.00

coin not sure what he was saving for. The usual toys. Have been look for some embroidery threads but they weren't in the bed.

Forgot bits of stuffing that he plucked from his pillow.

Edited by pirate

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie loves hoarding things in his crate....

Socks

Random bits of paper

Balls

Dog toys

Cat toys

Pegs

Hair scrunchies

Coat hangers

Yoghurt tubs

Sticks

Old bones

The occasional shoe

Honey jar

Pens/ pencils

And other random things :confused:

Not all at once of course! I make sure to check his crate if anything is missing, and it gets emptied at least a couple of times a week.

most of my dogs sleep on my bed, and over the years I've found all sorts of revolting things under the blankets or pillows...

My current pup has a lovely habit of going outside and selcting herself a nice sized poop, and coming back onto my bed to eat it... ewww!

T.

Not much apart from dog toys and the odd stick.

There was once a mangled Lego spaceman. Mmmm, crunches like bone. :eat:

My kids learned a good lesson from that. Now they just leave bits of it on the bedroom floors, which Bruno can't access. I find it with my feet.

Years ago, one of my then housemates found a strip of beef heart in her bed. Under the covers. Have no idea how Dory pulled that off without making a mess.

And here I was thinking Dory had eaten it, especially as she had grabbed it from my hand and ran off with great gusto. :laugh:

Aside from that, purloined cat toys. And a few things she has somehow managed to levitate off the coffee table. No mean feat when you are locked in your crate and the coffee table was a decent distance away. (So I thought)

Mostly junk mail, socks and even a shoe.

They all sleep on my bed, but there are varying toys, nylabones, confettied paper, socks, but the worst one was a couple of weeks ago, one of them must have caught a mouse and decided to chew it but not eat it, and I came out ready for bed and had to peel it off the blanket and throw it out. Made my skin crawl.

Ah Rozzie! We may not be able to top that one!

The crate is exceptionally clean but my bed normally has chewed tug toys on it, chewed empty toilet rolls and chewed sticks (see the theme?). One day I found a very large stick on there - about 7 foot long. More of a tree really. I needed help to get it back outside.

Oddly enough my pugs don't hide usually things in their beds, but one of them does hide things in his sisters bed - sort of a "wasn't me, she stole it!" attempt :laugh: Even then it's usually green toys (only green, no other colour!), old bones, toilet rolls, rocks, leaves or other little treasures from the garden.

Ah Rozzie! We may not be able to top that one!

The crate is exceptionally clean but my bed normally has chewed tug toys on it, chewed empty toilet rolls and chewed sticks (see the theme?). One day I found a very large stick on there - about 7 foot long. More of a tree really. I needed help to get it back outside.

I'm assuming the Shih tzu put him there because they were curled up asleep together.biggrin.gif

A rotting brushtail possum, a rotting hare, the feet of my pet pigeon, half of my favourite childhood toy bunny, a tape measure, a segment of hose, the other dog's bed, the pet guinea pig I had buried that morning and a whole bag of coffee beans. That's everything I can remember.