Things Your Dogs Do To Get Your Attention

huski

My boy will sit there and just put his paw on my leg. Or arm. Or whatever he can reach. And keep patting me. I think it's adorable because he's such a reserved dog so it's a bit special when he does it... But I try not to encourage it too much.

post-44475-0-47525300-1366713829_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scootaloo

My old girl Rose threw the yellow pages phone book at me once. She liked to toss stuff, and we had been doing object exchange. She wanted to swap the yellow pages for the dish of cat food in my hand. :)

Skeeter:

hits me with a toy

sit on me

barks/whinge/woos or simply just make all sorts of loud noise till I look at him

throws himself on the ground whinging right in from of me acting like a goof

Emmy:

she taps me ever so gently and waits for you to look at her and when you do look at her, she either jump on my lap or she turns onto her back for belly rubs.

Edited by W Sibs

Nudges her nose under my hand

And pushes my hand off the mouse. If I continue to ignore him he grabs my cloths and gives it a gentle pull the pull gets stronger and stronger if I continue to ignore him.

She can thank her lucky stars she put it on my wine glass rather than IN it! :laugh:

afe9d7d0-7702-47ec-ab18-247c9bb0a9d1_zps521c6b1c.jpg

:laugh: My old girl used to get her squeaky toy and if we ignored the noise,she would push it up against our ears and squeak it. :laugh: :cry: :laugh:

Rocky has perfected the 'nose-crotch' poke. :o it NEVER fails to get ANYONE'S attention! I have never anyone NOT react to getting 'goosed' by Rocky :rofl: it's really embarrassing, but because its self rewarding I can't seem to get rid of it >.<

Reggie either barks at you, wiggles all over whatever body part he can get to or stares into your soul. :eek:

Tess just whinges.

And Sadie presses herself against you.

If I'm in the kitchen and he has to go past me, which he suddenly needs to do a lot when I'm cooking, then he has to squeeze through the one inch gap between my legs and the cupboard.

If I'm sewing then his bone ends up under the desk, all the time, never on the patio or the ten square meters around me. Lots of squashing and frantic pawing under the table. Pick up icky bone throw it out the door. Rinse, repeat.

Cherry will sit, then beg, then lick. Then beg again, then if you're still not petting her she'll stay in a beg but start violently scratching your leg :laugh:

Rusty will nudge my arm with his nose...which is really annoying actually!

And biscuit runs up and down panting and runs around like a loony :o

Kivi tries to push a dirty sock directly into your mouth. If he can't reach your mouth he pushes it into your leg or butt instead. One time he came up behind me and pushed a soft toy into my butt and the toy went "Honk!" Super embarrassing.

It's probably best I don't list Erik's ways. He's a professional. He has probably written a book on it and had it published online already.

I have just the video for this thread!!

She is so polite about it, until the end where she gets her paws involved LOL

that video is priceless! I think it's the reproachful looks I get when I don't succumb that work best on me...they guilt me into delivering!

I get the Weimaraner version of Puss in boots.

If I don't look, I get a gentle touch with a very wet, very cold nose (preferably in the ear or some other exposed bit of skin). Then immediately back to puss in boots with a very slow wag.

If she has to go outside during the night (not very common but it happens) she will smack her lips.. Just that. This is why she has a bed in our bedroom, because no way in hell would I hear lip-smacking from another room.