Would You Guys Go To The Emergency Vet For This?

Inka3095

I'll keep you updated, but yeah, I was a little annoyed with the dismissive attitude of the vet to be honest. He didn't even ask me if she was eating and drinking ok, which would be fairly important you'd think.. I dunno, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, but still....

Never mind, anti-inflammatories and pain pills for a couple more days then hopefully all will be back to normal and we can put this behind us

When you are over this horrible scare it may be wise to consider finding a new vet that you are more comfortable with who can meet yours & your dogs needs.

I would have been frantic in your situation. Hope your dog is better soon.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay to her appearing to have turned the corner. I can understand your concern, I'd be tearing my hair out by now, and having the vet be so dismissive........:(

I have to say your girl looks absolutely beautiful. I've never met a Shiba Inu but I've seen a couple in real life and they're fascinating, they look like tiny little dingoes to me.

I would say if the anti inflams and pain killers have made this much difference already she should have been on them days ago, and i would be spewing at the vet.

She clearly was in pain, she didn't suddenly decided to stop with the behaviour.

change vets, and let them know why. :mad

Guest donatella

Good to hear its nothing more sinister and she's on the mend!

Vets are like doctors, there are just as many dicky ones around, you have to find your match.

Good to hear its nothing more sinister and she's on the mend!

Vets are like doctors, there are just as many dicky ones around, you have to find your match.

This is so true, it's just sucky that you have to find out your vet sucks when your dog is suffering :/

I'm in the north eastern suburbs, in Bundoora :)

I'll show you guys one of the photos taken by Rivid Photography about two weeks ago... before all this! And then when she looks less ratty and stressy I'll take a home photo hehe

RividPosing_zps46c692e6.jpg

Edited by Inka3095

She's lovely. So very pleased to hear she is feeling better - and totally agree with the others who've said she obviously needed some more pain relief earlier. Hope you both can get some better sleep now. :)

She looks absolutely adorable Inka3095 and I hope she now gets well again very very quickly.

I'll keep you updated, but yeah, I was a little annoyed with the dismissive attitude of the vet to be honest. He didn't even ask me if she was eating and drinking ok, which would be fairly important you'd think.. I dunno, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, but still....

Never mind, anti-inflammatories and pain pills for a couple more days then hopefully all will be back to normal and we can put this behind us

When you are over this horrible scare it may be wise to consider finding a new vet that you are more comfortable with who can meet yours & your dogs needs.

I would have been frantic in your situation. Hope your dog is better soon.

I think you are being too accepting of what has happened, Inka3095. To have one vet make you feel like a hysterical owner and the next to tell it the dog is faking it and it is all breed related is just too much. The second person may be right, but there are ways and means :mad . (Ed. to say, I don't mean your girl might be faking it, I meant he might be right in that it is breed related :eek::eek::eek: LOL.)

Sadly, this is very true. I think we rely on them to be more caring and dedicated because their patients can't tell them where they are hurting and we have to rely on their expertise and diagnostic abilities more. Having heard lots of horror stories over the years, I feel very privileged to have had mostly excellent vets and the ones I go to now at Hornsby Vet clinic I would trust absolutely.

Edited by Danny's Darling

OMG - such a beautiful dog! I have never seen a Shiba before.

Sorry to hear you have had such a rough time of things. I agree with the others that you should go vet shopping. There is no way that my vet would dismiss my concerns like that. I am glad that she is feeling better :)

I think he was super annoyed because I was being so pushy by going down there and interrupting what he was doing instead of sitting at home by the phone hoping he'd call me. I did wait for 2 hours before losing patience.. he said 'oh, you were my next phone call' to which I think I gave a bit of a cynical look which didn't improve our relationship much lol...

Cinder has improved again tonight, standing here begging for food from my plate as per usual - first time I've been happy she's done that, ever!

You had a dog having post op pain for 5 days... the vet should have called you straight back - not 2 hours later. He deserved your cynical look and grilling.

T.

exactly!

Glad to hear Cinder is starting to feel better.