Too Cute For Boots!

I've just got back from the rescue's vet clinic.

My local vet tested the sick pup for Parvo and it came back a strong positive. He was a very sick little man with no chance of survival according to my local vet, so we gave him his wings.

Went home and bundled the rest of the babies into the car and headed off to the rescue's regular vet to test them all... all came back strong positive for Parvo.

The decision was made by the rescue committee in consultation with the vet that all of the puppies be given their wings.

Sometimes rescue can be heartbreaking...

T.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Chequeredblackdog... I'm a bit shellshocked, but I know that my beloved Woosie will be keeping an eye on them all at the Bridge.

Look for the 7 new bright little stars in the sky tonight, OK?

T.

So sorry T. I'm glad I had a little cuddle with one of the little sweeties. I'm also glad you were strong enough to do the right thing before they were sick and in pain.

How good is our local vet, being so thorough and careful!

Poor pups had interesting busy lives and were cared for at the end. Too short, but still a life.

Came to look how the little ones were doing this morning...so sorry T, how awful for the little pups and you. Your job is heartbreaking sometimes.

Bye bye little ones, have fun playing over the bridge, on the grass and in the sun

Oh Tracey I'm so very, very sorry, particularly because I didn't notice this last night when I messaged you something so trivial. It would be impossible to go from having this lovely bunch in your home to them all gone so quickly. This is the horrid side of being such a prolific foster carer. You did actually save them from succumbing to an awful disease by noticing the change so quickly. Their suffering had to be minimal. Big hugs to you and I think it is your turn to curl up in bed and spoon a dog or two and let the world just pass you by for a bit. XXX

Thanks LG... I'm having a "me" day today... steeling myself for the cleanup of granny flat and puppy yard pen... *sigh*

No more puppy fosters for me for at least 12 months...

I think I'll take Harper down to dog training this afternoon and see how she handles herself... errr!

T.

Thanks all... I know they won't be suffering, and have such wonderful company at the Bridge... we will meet again when it's my turn, I'm sure.

T, I was struggling to think what to say to you .... & there you've said it, so much better than I can.

Dear little pets, they'll be the brightest new stars tonight, because they were loved so much.