Hot Water Outside

JulesP

Hi Jules, we had a plumber come out and tap in from our existing water pipes behind the brick walls. He provided me with a hot/cold mixer tap for my hydro. It is positioned directly above my hydro and both are exactly where I wanted them to be.

We also then had the electrician come out and fit an outdoor double powerpoint for it. We also have a makeshift cover for shelter and some spotlight for washing in the dark. Not perfect but certainly does the job.

But I seriously believe the hot water had made the biggest difference and then the power. Would loathe to go back to carting water and running an extension through the window :laugh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe some councils wont allow you to have a hot water outlet on the outside of your house.....a safety issue.

Lucky I don't give a rats arse about the council then isn't it.

Keep on topic people. I don't want to know anything about councils. I want to know how you have got hot water outside.

I believe some councils wont allow you to have a hot water outlet on the outside of your house.....a safety issue.

Keep on topic people. I don't want to know anything about councils. I want to know how you have got hot water outside.

I don't give a R's A about council either Jules, but if I wanted hot water outside I would just get OH to run me a pipe & put a tap in. Boronia's idea looks good, expecially as it has a temperature control, but could work out the same to get someone who knows a bit about plumbing just to run a pipe from your existing HW to an outside wall. I don't think it is rocket science stuff & probably a case of beer would pay for it :laugh:

This is the sort of thing I want BUT with Australian approval and a 10amp plug. These things normally run at a different amp rate (15 or 20 amps).

I don't give a R's A about council either Jules, but if I wanted hot water outside I would just get OH to run me a pipe & put a tap in. Boronia's idea looks good, expecially as it has a temperature control, but could work out the same to get someone who knows a bit about plumbing just to run a pipe from your existing HW to an outside wall. I don't think it is rocket science stuff & probably a case of beer would pay for it :laugh:

Shame I don't have a OH or someone who knows a bit about plumbing.

When renovating, we fitted a handheld shower to the outside of our new shed. Connected to house hot water via trench.

Use a dog bath on a stand to bathe them in lovely warm water. Then we head to the outdoor kitchen bench to brush and blow dry.

Very happy with this arrangement. It's also a lovely way to cool off in hot weather.

Seeing as your house is up on bearers and joists the majority of you hot and cold water will be underneath the floor and should be easily accessible.

It should be a matter of cutting into and existing hot water supply and bringing it out through the base brickwork. Will depend on where you want the tap and the location of your hot water system but it *should* be relatively simple. Not really something I would recommend to DIY as there can be complications and it can have other consequences on your hot water supply.

A case if beer won't cover it. A case of beer is worth 50 bucks. What you need will be a few hundred in materials and a couple of hours labour. $400 would be pretty reasonable.

I would LOVE a dog bath in my laundry and love the concept JulesP. But that one is no different to the bath I have in my bathroom which I use currently and gives me a very sore back leaning over. For it to be absolutely perfect it would have to be raised so no leaning required :laugh:

Don't you guys just stick your dogs in the sink?? :confused:

:D

:rofl: :rofl:

Good thread though. I have half a hundred mental notes on what setup I'd love. But am still using the handheld shower. Recently moved house and had to install a handheld unit in the shower but it cost less than $15 from Bunnings.