Survey - Do We Judge A Book By Its (canine) Cover?

tjhowell

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember submitting a photo for this! Wonder if anyone got Elsie? :D

I got an oodle of some sort.

I got Elsie.

Cute, intelligent and trainable right ;) :laugh:

I did pick those, along with energetic - active and obedient - I didn't know it was her though until you posted. I wish I could say the same for my three mine don't even look any of those things, well maybe cute but I'm biased.

:rofl: well I thought I would see what I'd get and guess what I got a photo of my own dog :laugh:. Kenz is/was a BC type but she refutes the ears not quite behaving so not sure if you mean her :laugh:. Edited by ness

I got a really plain and I have to say somewhat unattractive doggy :( ......and not one of the above mentioned!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I spoke to someone the other day who thought Chinese Cresteds were the most hideous dogs he'd ever seen. I don't agree with that and I doubt you would.

I bet the owner of the dog you saw would consider their dog to be beautiful.

Pre-conceived notions of a dog based on looks of course exist. I bet everyone does it to a degree. I certainly do. Some dogs are inherently more interesting to me than others just because I like their ears or the shape of their head or something. Humans are powerful pattern-seekers. We see patterns when we only have very small numbers to go on. They colour our future predictions and responses because they act like shortcuts for us in interpreting the world around us. In my view this should absolutely be explored scientifically. It has implications for the way dogs are rated in behavioural assessments for starters.

ETA I got a fluffy white thing. :)

Edited by corvus

I saw a very distinctive looking Dane cross.

Like this by any chance?

post-23772-0-58011000-1376819111_thumb.jpg

I hope you said she looked intelligent... and friendly... and deadly cute... lol!

T.

Certainly was T! And I certainly found her friendly, deadly cute, and intelligent! She's such a pretty girl! Are her eyes still slightly different colours?

1376811337[/url]' post='6279518']

sorry I started to do it but bailed out when I really couldn't relate to the questions about the white fluffy dog. I think if there was an I dont know button that's the one I would have pushed most.

I didn't get a white fluffy...I got a young flop eared dog with an intense staring expression. Couldn't say anything about temperament from photo. Mostly rated "3".

I had a Cavvy - answered as best I can but haven't had a whole lot of experience with little soft dogs..

We have 2 of these at obedience, one is a really nice little dog the other is a real yapper :)

I had a Cavvy, too. I found the personality questions terribly hard to rate because I didn't know how that particular Cavvy actually behaved.

I wanted to write "I wouldn't have a clue unless I spent a bit of time with the dog in different settings.' So my 'didn't describe' ratings were more 'I don't know.'

I had a Cavalier and must confess that my answers were heavily biased towards my daughter's cavalier who lives with us presently and drives me insane :rofl:

Just saw this....I was in this direction, too, because I know 2 Cavaliers. And they're both the total opposite! One owned by friends is real cloth-headed & all over the place. The other is owned by people nearby & is the most sensible, self-controlled & confident dog.

No wonder I kept thinking, 'I really don't know' for the Cav in the pic! :)

Edited by mita