Confused As To What To Do Next?

Hi Ness..

We were intending to give him his wings tonight, as hes had a really bad day.. But we have been in touch with our vet and the neuro tonight, well they spoke to each other also and we are going try high levels of cortisone.. if may or may not help him.. if theres no improvement over the next 48 hours or hes get any worse overnight, then we will give him his wings.. We just trying this one last year before totally giving up crying.gif

Thank you for caring enough to ask x

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Yonjuro . If it should work it will buy us a bit more time with him.. he would have to go onto a couple other medications x

ps My husband lost his Mother a couple weeks ago, so its been a really rough time for us both :(

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Hi Ness..

We were intending to give him his wings tonight, as hes had a really bad day.. But we have been in touch with our vet and the neuro tonight, well they spoke to each other also and we are going try high levels of cortisone.. if may or may not help him.. if theres no improvement over the next 48 hours or hes get any worse overnight, then we will give him his wings.. We just trying this one last year before totally giving up crying.gif

Thank you for caring enough to ask x

Oh Jules crying.gif I am thinking of you all...............heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

Thank you so much everyone for your support.

I cant say theres been much improvement over night, but hes not got any worse either.

Hes had a couple tiny walks to outside to do no 1's.. but hes still quite listless and dull. Hes mostly resting in his crate. Its going be a very warm day today so i'll switch on the aircon later and just make sure he keeps drinking water throughout the day. Hard to say yet if the high doses will be giving him any horrible side effects, as they cant tell you like we can when we are feeling weird from meds!

Even if it works, its only buying some extra time and making him more comfortable.

I will gauge how he goes ..

I need to do a few things outside of the house but atm i cant, because I want to stay home to keep an eye on him. Its hard when you have sick dogs isn't it.. We have been mostly lucky with them with their health apart from Renae's liver issues months ago and Joey's eye being scratched a couple months ago.. Renae's getting old now but shes doing ok considering.. Miah hasn't been to vets *touch wood* other than for her vaccinations and desexing.

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

You have been in my thoughts constantly, I do hope the cortisone helps make Joey more comfortable, and gives you more time with him.

Juat curious as to how Renae and Miah are reacting to him ?

Take care of yourselves too, sending comforting hugs.