Takoda Is Sick :-(

k9angel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou again everyone for your well wishes and good vibes. :thanks:

Takoda should be able to come home tonight! :cheer:

I spoke to her vet this morning and he was telling me how the vet nurse who was on last night didn't close her crate door properly so as soon as she left, Cody opened the door and helped herself out! the vet said there were no bloody poo's to be seen and she didn't destroy anything. When the vet nurse arrived this morning, she was just sitting at the door with the littlies who are currently living there (awaiting homes) waiting patiently to be let out. :) (He has his consult and waiting room upstairs and down the back there is another big brick building where he does surgeries and where the patients and boarders stay. This is the part Cody is in).

I cannot tell you how relieved I am. :)

These past few days have been awful, especially Saturday when she was at her worst. I was so scared we were going to lose her. :(

I am very grateful to my vet and his nurses, especially Sarah who spent a good part of Saturday night with Takoda, for getting her though this. :thumbsup:

As mentioned earlier, he isn't a 24hr hour vet but he ended up spending most of the weekend at the surgery ensuring Takoda was getting the care she needed. :thumbsup:

Edited by k9angel

Takoda's home! :cheer::dancingelephant::happydance::happydance2::cheer:

I picked her up earlier tonight. :)

When the vet nurse first bought her into the waiting room she didn't know what was going on, but then she spotted me and the look on her face was priceless. :) She even stood up on me for cuddles! :heart:

She was excited the whole trip home and when we got to the front gate and she could hear the kids, she couldn't wait to get inside to see them. She didn't have to wait long though because as soon as they heard the front gate open, both boys came running out to greet her! :)

Her PCV levels are down to 50% now and the bloody diarrhea has stopped. She's also eating well. :thumbsup:

She's sleeping at my feet as I type. Every now and then she wakes up and looks up at me to make sure I am still here before nodding back off to sleep.

It's so good to have her home. :thumbsup:

It's amazing the difference a day makes...

9770518991_5b879885c7.jpg

9770520261_c0ea090edf.jpg

9770519931_8923f27cb7.jpg

9770518631_5728f7107d.jpg

9770519411_562c99975b.jpg

:thanks: again to everyone who posted their well wishes, good vibes and their own experiences with HGE. :heart: xx

Is it just me or does she seriously look like she's up to no good in that second last photo with the young fella in yellow LOL

"Shhh she;s watching, act normal and pretend we weren't talking!"

Exactly what i was thinking KC, I reckon they are planning a session of mischief for the morning.

Glad she is home and looking so well K9, it's excellent news!

I just took these pics of Codes sleeping on the floor near my feet.

She often sleeps on her back like this. :laugh:

I told the vet nurse Sunday morning when I visited her that Takoda likes to sleep on her back.

Her reply, "I know. She gave me a fright yesterday when I came in and found her flat on her back up against the (crate) wall". :laugh:

9779454871_ff436afbe0.jpg

9779454481_b9139f9c3a.jpg

:laugh:

9779454491_536609b57c.jpg

She slept like a log last night, all snuggled up next to me. :heart: