R.i.p. Zuess Xxx

k9angel

Our gorgeous Zuess lost his battle with ZRD the night before last. :cry::cry::cry:

I still cannot believe he is gone and miss him so much. :(

Zue had been battling ZRD since 2011 when we lost Jay Jay. Although he had a few secondary infections along the way, he always responded well to meds and always bounced back.

Sadly, not this time... :cry:

Zuess was a much loved member of our family for the past 9 years.

He was so gentle and placid and loved everyone. He was only a couple of years old when Jack was born and he loved the kids. Even when they were little babies, he was always so gentle and careful around them. As the kids grew bigger and older, they'd spend hours playing and exploring together in the backyard or inside. They shared a very special friendship and I am glad my boys got to spend a big part of their childhood with a dog as wonderful and special as Zuess. :heart:

Like me, I know they will remember him forever.

Just the other day I was watching him play with a squeaky bone toy. Well he wasn't actually playing with it. He had it stashed in his bed, under his blanket and everytime he went to get in his bed, he would tread on it and it would squeak loudly. lol. He stood there ears pricked, head tilting side to side trying to figure out where it was coming from. He made me laugh and always had a way of making me smile. That was just Zuess. :heart:

Until we meet again boy, and I know we will, run free with Gypsy, Claude, Jay Jay, Cassie, Blacky and Whitey. xxx

xx

:heart::rainbowbridge::heart: xx

It feels like only yesterday when I took this pic of Jack, Jay Jay and Zuess. It was 4 years ago.

10989541754_3c8735ff0b.jpg

I miss his smile. :cry:

10989541974_7b1bc2a7d5.jpg

Even with the ZRD lesions on his ears and nose, he was still beautiful. :heart:

10989542154_de7cd3c067.jpg

Taken a month ago as we celebrated his 9th Birthday.

10359724003_9d3ac42aa9.jpg

I wrote this poem shortly after I found out he wasn't coming home. :cry:

Zuess my beautiful Angel

Now shining in the stars,

You may of left this world my friend

But in my heart you are never far.

I thought you'd be coming home boy

You were always such a fighter,

But the battle is over, we lost the fight

Now the stars are shining brighter.

I bet the other's were waiting for you

With Jay Jay first in line,

You and Jay were the best of friends

Now together until the end of time.

Run fast and free again my boy

Until we meet again,

I know you'll all be waiting for me

At the Rainbow's end. xxx :heart::cry:

Hi Rach, i know i've already been in touch with you, but my heart is breaking for you sweet lady.

I think its take a very special person like yourself to take in dogs that need lots of love, care, healing and in some cases someone to be with them in their last days. Your love, patience and effort is truly inspiring.

RIP Zuess ... have fun with all the other dol dogs that have already crossed over the other side of the rainbow bridge. Joey will be there to take your paw. heart.gif

Much love to you and your family Rach kissbetter.gif x

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Rach I'm so very sorry for you, the boys, the other pack members, and of course Zuess. You have had more than your fair share of losses. Doggy heaven must have quite a club going though of your fur babies! At least they are all back together, living a healthy and happy life that is only possible over the Rainbow Bridge. Take care. XXX