Early Morning Tranquility Shattered

Kirislin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they didn't x-ray and you don't have on going pain meds, plus have noticed a change with the whimpering, I would call the vet if you can Kirislin and see what they suggest. Very hard to know if you should move her to take her back in,if she is in pain and just needs rest. It must be very stressful for you, sending more healing vibes.

If they didn't x-ray and you don't have on going pain meds, plus have noticed a change with the whimpering, I would call the vet if you can Kirislin and see what they suggest. Very hard to know if you should move her to take her back in,if she is in pain and just needs rest. It must be very stressful for you, sending more healing vibes.

I asked him why he didn't xray and he said she has feeling in her limbs and can stand and walk, so he doesn't thinks she's broken anything. He felt down her spine carefully, each vertebrae and said if she's got a bulging disc she would have swung around and sunk her teeth into him, although I cannot imagine Feather ever biting any human ever.

She got up so I let her out of the crate. I think she wanted to get on my bed so I've shut the door, I dont want her jumping up there. I coaxed her outside to see if she wanted a wee but she just stood there all wobbly and then tottered back inside.

She's stopped the whimpering for now, I've fluffed up the blankies in her crate and settled her back in there again, but with the door open. Neko's jumped in with her now. I'll let her stay as long as she doesn't start pestering Feather.

My mum cracked her sternum recently and said it was one of the most painful injuries she's had in terms of ongoing pain, every time she breathed it hurt. I'd be asking for an xray of her chest area to look for cracks. If it is a cracked sternum there isn't a whole lot you can do but rest but at least if you can confirm that it isn't anything too insidious it will be a comfort

My mum cracked her sternum recently and said it was one of the most painful injuries she's had in terms of ongoing pain, every time she breathed it hurt. I'd be asking for an xray of her chest area to look for cracks. If it is a cracked sternum there isn't a whole lot you can do but rest but at least if you can confirm that it isn't anything too insidious it will be a comfort

I'll keep her as quiet as I can for today. I could imagine she might have done something like that, her chest looks odd to me but it might just be because she's standing all hunched, and as you say, even if she has, the treatment is rest, which is what she's getting. If she seems too sore tomorrow I'll be asking for more pain meds for her though.

Oh my goodness I have tears just reading this- poor Feather. Poor you. Did the vet prescribe anything for an anxious owner? I thought once she was settled the vet may have done a check x ray to check her ribs/thorax..agreed the treatment will be rest. In this heat and her age I really feel for you both as you face this together.

If they gave her methadone, she will be completely stoned which may explain the wobbles and wimpering. I think it only lasts 6hrs though so she really needs some ongoing pain relief. Ideally anti-inflams PLUS strong pain relief.

he said it was morphine Kirty, would that be more long lasting? I hope so. She's stopped the whimpering for now and is stretched out in the crate, I cant see if her eyes are open, I'm hoping she's finally sleeping. She's definitely getting rest though, even if she's awake, she's not trembling or panting which is good.

They are very similar and both are short acting. As far as I know methadone is used more frequently in vet clinics, but sometimes vets say morphine to clients because most people know what morphine is. But maybe you can ring and ask?

Oh that's aweful, what a crap thing to happen. They sure have a way if giving us a good scare. I'm sure with you excellent care she will make a full recovery. Hopefully she hasn't done anything to extensive. Fingers crossed she will be feeling better by tonight!