Scary Experience

The clouds are gathering and the day is closing in so I thought I'd take the dogs for a quick walk.

We made about 100 yards when I decided it was too dangerous. Lots of huge trees, wind going nuts, whirlywinds all over the road and the final straw was when I stopped to pick up a doggy do heard a great crash and looked up to see a branch bouncing of a parked car.

Reached home, unclicked leads and three dogs raced off upstairs. Jeune decided to wander around the back yard and stopped to do a poop. I went down the back to get my trowel, turned back and saw this in the back yard. Jeune was frozen to the spot less than a couple of feet away, luckily unhurt.

FallenBranches2_zps5956f742.jpg

FallenBranches1_zps2d0d2da1.jpg

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Geez you were lucky DD. Very close call. Phew...very glad everyone is ok.The weather has come over terrible here. Beautiful early but by lunch time very scary.Like midnight & stormy as.

Edited by BC Crazy

Jacaranda does that - I'll bet you were scared , and VERY glad there was no damage . :hug: Thankfully , i usually t falls gently ..as all those leaves act a bit like a parachute! We always lose several limbs when it's like this ...

Yikes!

Glad you are all ok...................not much wind here in the Central west nsw but is bitterly cold and light rain/sleet at my house, will be snowing somewhere nearby on higher ground brrrrrrrrrrrrr and Im supposed to go to Orange tomorrow for my daughter's soccer game, hopefully it gets called off :)

It just happened in a few seconds. Not there one moment and there the next. I didn't hear a crack of the branches at all, so whether they'd already broken and were waiting for a strong enough wind, I don't know. Yes, Persephone, back neighbour's Jacaranda. It was pruned not so long ago, obviously not enough. U

Far out that was close!

It's just hit us up here, an hour ago I took the dogs to the park in brilliant sunshine, now it's black as and pouring rain!

Yes, I saw Stan was complaining about not being able to keep up with Mads .... and it looked pretty sunny then.

Stay safe everyone :(:(:(

That was definitely a close call eek1.gif

Had a mini river here last night and the dogs had a ball running in the water under the veranda [it always gets like a mini river here when there's a lot of rain in one go and eventually just moves away].