Four Years

Jed

Four years have gone by today, and every day I think about you all. My baby girl Beth, gentle Roxy, and your 3 pups, your 2 year old daughter, Paris, always full of fun, Beautiful Meg, and The Best Cocker Spaniel in The World, Magnus. I know you are all happy over the Bridge. I hope you are still waiting for me to join you.

Nearmap took this photo of the property, and of the bridge up in the sky - the Rainbow Bridge - waiting for you to cross - on the 11 May 2010.

I miss you, dear companions.

Rainbowlowres1.jpg

Hard to believe it was 4 years ago. If it still feels like yesterday for us, god knows how you must feel, Jed. I had my pin prick of a fire a couple of days after yours and the sight of smoke coming from people's wood fires still gives me a fright and makes me tremble. To have experienced the real thing and the loss of so many of your precious loves is incomprehensible.

You are in my thoughts a lot, despite that I fail in the communications stake.

Special Lady.

You know there are no words.

And you know how I feel.

They are waiting, but it will be long time before you meet again. They are patient.

You have your Rainbow Bridge to remind you of their patience.

Four years seems such a long time, but it really does seem like yesterday we found out about your tragedy Jed. I'm choking up again now just thinking how terrifying and soul crushing it would be to go through what you have...

Huge hugs from me and mine to you and yours my friend.

T.

I also remember and also the DOL "waiting room" while you were in hospital, with all the constant good thoughts and prayers from DOLers.

Adding my thoughts today as well. The rainbow photo is very special.

I can't believe it has been 4 years. I remember the day clearly. I hope your burns have healed with time even though your heart will forever be torn.

What a fantastic photo of your house with that magnificent rainbow. Slightly freaky knowing what was to come but beautiful all the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I am sure Mags is getting those Smurfs. I understand that they don't run fast over the bridge. :thumbsup:

That photo with the rainbow was sent to me by a friend, from Nearmap. Nearmap's tech experts said it was the ONLY rainbow that had ever appeared in one of their photos.

11 May was a clear bright day without a cloud in the sky.

I do believe that rainbow was waiting.

I hope, when the time comes, it will be waiting for me too. :)