2009 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh yes, but the red boys did it again in Masters!!

and..................................................

I remembered to yell GO :o:rofl:

Thanks for the save at the end Caffy - I owe you one AGAIN!

You didn't think I was there, did you??? :rofl:

Watch out next time...Alex was coming up the rear at a rapid pace!! All good fun..thanks again :rofl:

:o They don't call it Strategic Mayhem for nothing :rofl: . But hey - sounds really good if you can rexcue a run that's going pear-shaped.

Well done the Tollers.

A little brag from Miss Kirra - a Masters Agility and a Masters Jumping Q today - and a couple of near misses - won't talk about the others. The MJ was a bit of a lazarus effort - revived from the dead a couple of times - but hey = at least we kept going, and she listened, and we got there in time. :rofl:

:o They don't call it Strategic Mayhem for nothing :rofl: . But hey - sounds really good if you can rexcue a run that's going pear-shaped.

Well done the Tollers.

A little brag from Miss Kirra - a Masters Agility and a Masters Jumping Q today - and a couple of near misses - won't talk about the others. The MJ was a bit of a lazarus effort - revived from the dead a couple of times - but hey = at least we kept going, and she listened, and we got there in time. :rofl:

Barb you are on a roll with Miss Kirra - you now have spare masters passes - well done.

LOL never heard it called strategic mayhem before. :rofl: Running with Caffy - the toller boys never get it wrong and she is a terrific partner. The girls though are a different kettle of fish :eek:

Edited by Ptolomy

Freya finally earned another pass in Novice today, not the greatest of scores, but it was still a pass (2 down, one to go)! Weather was horrible, windy and raining. She managed second in the ring and won a lovely fringey sash for highest scoring Poodle in Trial.

Latest little brag:

Millie had her Intermediate obedience test last night and passed with full marks (100/100) and first place :laugh:

She'll be in pre-trialling next term where I've had Ruby in forever (cos it's the highest level class my club goes up to so a lot of people just stick around in that class :o)

Congrats everyone!

Feel the need to brag about this non-comp thing! Poppy just did a herding clinic on Sat, Obedience on Sun and then agility on Mon! In each thing she worked really well and switched between the disciplines nicely. Was also very enthused each day. Not bad for an 18month old dog! Very proud of the little ferret!

post-28475-1239345656_thumb.jpgpost-28475-1239345676_thumb.jpg

Here is a couple of photos of Izzi & Pebbles with their certificates, Izzi graduated to grade 4 and Pebbles got her Club certificate, not a big brag but I'm proud of em' :)

Edited by Dova

OK a bit of a brag here from last weekend at our "local" trial in Launceston.

Firstly my girl Seven passed both open trials with scores of 189 and 196!!!!!!

Then our homebred girl Tasha passed two legs of her Ccd 90 and 98 to give her Ccd & our very first homebred title :)

I think what made that quite an effort on Tash's part, is that she came in season three days latter :p

On to novice & luckliy our next trial is not until 5 weeks time :cry:

Thanks for letting me brag :(

very cute Dova!

Where is Pebbles from?

Pebbles came from Broken Hill, she wasn't good enough to be a show dog, the owners wanted a good home for her & knew she'd have one here :rolleyes: .

OK a bit of a brag here from last weekend at our "local" trial in Launceston.

Firstly my girl Seven passed both open trials with scores of 189 and 196!!!!!!

Then our homebred girl Tasha passed two legs of her Ccd 90 and 98 to give her Ccd & our very first homebred title :rolleyes:

I think what made that quite an effort on Tash's part, is that she came in season three days latter :)

On to novice & luckliy our next trial is not until 5 weeks time :)

Thanks for letting me brag :laugh:

:( Way to go biker girl. Now that's what I call a big day out. :laugh: FLovely scores for Seven - and first homebred title is very exciting.

Well, I have had an awesome weekend :laugh:

I have just spent 3 days running one of Lablover's wonderful dogs, Yo, in the Easter retrieving trials in Benalla. 4 of us stayed in Violet Town (7 dogs between us!) and one or two drinks were enjoyed in the evening :D

It was a HUGE learning curve for me.....I ran Yo for only the second occasion in Novice and for the first time in Restricted and we were literally running between stakes all day, every day. I did curse LL on occasion for entering us in both stakes :rofl: but it turned out to be a whole heap of fun and I wouldn't have had it any other way :mad

Friday was fairly testing as we had only trained together for 2 days since I ran him for the first time in May last year. We successfully got through all 3 runs in both stakes and I had a lot to think about for the next day.

On Saturday, Yo did some lovely work and I was so, so pleased with him - funnily enough the biggest buzz I got all day was a really tough bit of handling....having to call him off a blind that he was nearly on top off :happydance: to pick up the other blind first. By the time he'd successfully picked up both (AND in the correct order!!!) and we returned to the starting peg, I was shaking like a leaf ;) Everyone watching clearly had their collective hearts in their mouths too, judging by the cheer that went up :) Again we got through all 3 runs in both Novice and Restricted. Unfortunately, my lack of knowledge of all the nuances etc meant my handling lost us heaps of points so, again, I had a lot to think about and process.

Today, Yo did 3 really lovely Novice runs, had moments of brilliance in Restricted but was let down once again by my handling. Having left immediately after the trial finished, I had a call when I got home to say that Yo picked up 3rd in Novice today :rofl: I have been so lucky to be able to run such a lovely dog......just have to put some more time into training ME :)

Edited by The Spotted Devil