January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

I always know when this kookaburra is about because the blackbirds go completely bonkers and wont shut up until it leaves. It's quite wary of people though, and this is the first time I've been able to get a photo of it.

That gum tree in the bakground is the same one those cockies were in a few days ago when the skies were looking ominous.

4308675978_bd998faa08.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So many more awesome shots since yesterday, we are nearly at the end of the month, looking forward to next month, any hints Ash? I was thinking to myself just a moment ago that I havent missed not one day and then I realized :laugh: I havent taken one for today. :laugh: Ill be back!!

Pointees - yes, I'm from the south west - Werribee.

:laugh: Yay for another Werribee person!

I'm there every weekend. :laugh:

Loving the photos guys, they are looking so great! :eek:

I need to upload yesterdays and todays. But I'm feeling so out of it. :o Will try later!

Guest Kate_Summer
This was the clearest shot I could get today. The dogs were so hot and were always inside and the light isn't great inside.

I messed around in LR with it. Any hints? Could I have used a different effect?

Can you post the original?

I've only had a chance to very very quickly flip through a few pages but two shots that caught my eye is the shadowy one of Justice and that beautiful rainbow whippet by kirislin...also love all the tennis shots...my OH loves tennis so I kinda get into it by default! :(

Here's today's effort - not very special. I made these from little gold paper chocolate wrappers that I had at work...

4308115691_7455250ffe_o.jpg

I would love to comment on all but missed too many days sorry!

anniek your dove looks like she's wearing a tutu! Cool shot.

kirislin lovely focus on your kookaburra and I love mardi gras pucky! (I think that's puck?! Sorry if im wrong!)

kate your little girl is just gorgeous. What a cheeky smile she has.

poocow your ratties are great. I love the one at the bottom not wanting to miss out

Fluffypaws, photographer and origamist! (it is a word, I googled it!)

Wolfsong Stella is very pretty :( She looks very happy with herself.

JS I thought the same about the photographers. You could hear them all clicking at the same time.

I had massive lens envy.

Your last photo of Justice is really lovely. The light is great.

Todays effort from me

Daydreaming

4308158305_a9021b2c1f.jpg

Another day of fantastic shots and I am too knackered after my first day of cycling to work followed by the first soccer training session of the season to really take a photo... but this Project 365 isn't going to beat me... so I took a photo of the other piece of electronics that is often in my hands when the camera isn't.... the PSP!

4308941532_6f9878990c.jpg

Poocow love the ratties. Becandcharch Love the tennis shots what a kind friend you have. How sweet is daydreaming pic.

Kate your girlie pic is sweet as.

Tired busy day at work. Took a quick snap of Miss Rosie enjoying the spoils of a dog treat she stole from Luci who wasnt interested as much. Apologies she never eats like a lady

m_DSC_0297.jpg

Bec, your tennis shots are absolutely fantastic! Were all of those taken with the 50mm? I just love how you composed them and how sharp they all look! fantastic!

Thanks Bellatrix! No I used a mates 300mm. My bubby 50mm would have made them look like smurfs :(

Yeah, I was thinking you must have been right up close for those shots! WOW that lens is nice!! My next purchase will probably be the 70-200mm but not for a few months yet!!! (need to save up again) :cry:

Hi guys, the month is nearly drawing to an end now, I wont comment only to say everyones pics are great, not a crappy one in sight :) not that there ever has been, the shots here have been awesome and im sure will continue to be through out the year!!

Mine for tonight, I was on the way to a friends house and still hadnt taken my shot for today when I noticed the sky so out came the iphone :grouphug:

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg