Worst Experience Ever

kimzy

I am sorry for your loss.

We have Shane at Pets at Peace here, he is amazing, I have known him for years and have had to deal with him too many times :laugh: But he treats the animals like his own, I highly recommend him, and if something happened and i moved away, i would actually pay more to get my pet to him to be cremated.

I just dont get why some people go into this business :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very sorry for what you have gone through - this time is hard enough without have to deal with this type of issue. We have lost 4 wonderful friends of late - 2 older ACD's and 2 young cats to the effect of Orijen and we were treated so very well by both our vets and pets at peace which whilst it doesn't fix anything still makes it more bearable.

The most important things you have of your darling girl are your memories of her as someone has already said she will always live in your heart. We are planning on developing a special private place in the garden where there is shade and lush grass that the dogs would have loved and where there are vantage points that the cats would have viewed there part of the world from - scented plants to ease the soul and a bench so we can still with those that have gone. Do you have a special photo you can enlarge and frame so she will still bring joy to your life with a look.

Try and put this behind you and remember just how good life was with your little one and know that she will always be with you.

So sorry for your loss Kizmy, and your lousy experience with a very unprofessional person.

The death of a pet is always sad, and can be worse depending on the circumstances.

It's amazing that the little Princess enjoyed a wonderful long life with you for 19 years, that is a grand age for a dog. She must have been very loved to have lived that long and no doubt was devoted to you too.

Rest in Peace little Princess

:hug:

We recently used Pets at Peace when our old boy Norton had to be PTS. The service was amazing. I cannot speak higher of them. I am sorry to hear you were spoken to like that. It is just not on! I feel for you.

I do feel much better thanks to all the Dol people. Just sharing the incedent with people who understand helps.

.............I soooo wish I had used Pets in Peace............... its good to know who to use next time.

for those who have asked which company, im not sure if im allowed to put ? I dont want to get in trouble :hug:

She will hopefully be transported to the mainland vet tomarrow and then out to the Island on Saturday. There have been alot of really good memorial ideas on here, we will most likely do something for her on Sunday. I will be triple checking all the transport details tomarrow.

Thank you Muttaburra 19 years is amazing and she was one of a kind. We really tried and did our best with her. I guess we should really consider ourselves lucky. Our Vet was amazing (Rishi) and the Vet nurse Rosemary... what can I say she is the best. Princess's passing was peaceful and everyone was caring and gentle, she wasnt afraid or stressed and I guess :rofl: thats the important part.

:hug:

I've had a bad experience with a pet cremation service and it is one of the reasons why I won't consider them (or other cremation services) in the future

Vehs - on a different occasion, after my first (bad) experience, I had to help a couple (clients) who unexpectedly lost their dog. On this occasion, the cremation person was wonderful. Not only was it on Christmas Eve night (late) that he took my call and we were able to make arrangements, but he came out on Christmas Day. He didn't mush over the dog, of which I was glad, but did utter a couple of kind and respectful words whilst he did his 'work' so he could transport the dog away. The car was done out nice - more than I would have insisted on, but it really was very dignified. The fellow I dealt with was a real gem about everything. I'm embarressed to say I've forgotten which company he was with. It might have been Pets at Peace but I'd need to check up to confirm. It was a couple of years ago.

So there are some great ones around and the good ones are really helpful.

I am so sorry for your loss, and I am so sorry for this terrible experience... It would have to be horrible to make such a hard decision and hard situation so much harder. I hate that there are such crap and inconsiderate people in the world.

Not that it helps your situation at all, and i am sure it will all be okay for you, but for anyone else - I know of one absoloutely wonderful cremation service... He runs it himself and works like a mad-man because he doesnt trust anyone to do his job. He signs a stat-dec to say the ashes returned to you are your pet's. We have had nothing but amazingly positive feedback from our clients. He is well priced and just honestly one of the most genuinely amazing person i have ever met, for doing the job he does, in the manner that he does it, and just for being so lovely to us and clients and even the way he speaks of the deceased pets as one would of someones family member - he goes out of his way to do certain little things - i particularly remember one client who asked that their cat be transported in his cage the whole way, and his ashes placed back in there on his return home, i told him and expected at least a bit of a sigh or something, but nothing, he said "certainly" he respectfully picked up the cage and i trusted he would do as they had asked. I respect this guy so much. He is not employed by us or anything like that, i have no connection to him other than that my clinic has chosen him as our cremation service and we've never been let down. Through this i have met someone who i am not at all close to or anything, but i will never forget this man. Maybe a bit OTT but i truly mean it!

If anyone in the Melbourne area is needing to go through cremating a loved pet i could not recommend him enough so please pm me for his details.

Kimzy, trust that it was a mistake on paper. They do know how important this is for you and would be going to every effort to make sure your fur baby is returned to you. The biggest problem here is the complete disrespect they had for you and what you are going through :hug::

Edited by Bindii

The way you have been treated is really really tragic. Why people are in this business if they are not a sympathetic kind of person is beyond me. When we lost our Labrador Holly earlier this year we used Pet Rest Cremations on the Sunshine Coast and they were wonderful. They let us know when they had received Holly, from the vets, and when the cremation would take place. Asked us if we would like a bit of Holly's fur kept and we got a lovely card with Holly's footprint in it and a lovely poem. All made me cry heaps at the time, and still does, but they were lovely, really made a very difficult time that bit easier for us.

So sorry, kimzy. Sounds to me as if they have bad people skills, which does not always equate with bad work practices. I am sure you will get your little girl back.

Certainly tell your vet that you were unhappy, and if you like, send a pm to Troy and ask if it is ok to name the company.

And when they go, they know you are with them, and they love you, but they are seeing the verdant fields around the Rainbow Bridge, and the wonders there. And although you cannot see them, they can see you. They wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge. The body is not important to them any longer. She will wait there for you, because time passes in an instant there, she will be happy and comfortable with friends to play with. She will miss being with you, but she knows you loved her for all her long life.

My dog Nancy kept a diary, and I put it here. This is her account of going to the Rainbow Bridge. I hope it will give you peace and comfort. Know this is how Princess' passing was.

I think we could all light a candle for Princess tonight, couldn't we? I've lit mine. A nice pink one, for love.

9th April I have been dreaming of the Rainbow Bridge a lot lately.

This morning, I didn't feel very well. The boss took me outside to the toilet, carried me back and sat beside my bed. I had a little nap.

When I awoke, I could see the Rainbow Bridge - right where the wall used to be. It glowed blue, pink, orange, and glittered - The Boss and I both knew it was time for me to cross - The Boss stroked my head, and said " it's time, go safely, little one ".

The bridge was so big - I didn't think I would be able to cross it. Then I saw a movement in the middle - a little gold dog, shining in the light, long ears flying as she ran towards me over the bridge. When she got closer, I saw it was my old friend Flora - the silver had gone from her golden coat, the clouds had lifted from her eyes - she was a glowing golden dog now - - and she greeted me with a big lick.

Then I saw another dog, raven black and silver white, running to catch up with Flora - and a big red and white dog - my dear grand-daughter Trixie, and Holly, my big friend from puppyhood. With Holly was another dog, like her, who I had never seen before. Flora leaned over and said "That is Emma, she is Holly"s grandmother, and she was come with us to help you cross, and to see The Boss again. She hopes The Boss will know she is here with us today.

""How will I ever cross, Flora, I am old and small, and I do not think I can walk up that big bridge?""Just close your eyes, and think of crossing, and you will be able to, Nancy" Flora said.

Emma went to The Boss, saw the sadness, and put her paw on The Boss' knee. I looked at The Boss and wagged my tail...my aches and pains seemed to leave me.The Boss said "I know your friends are here Nancy, to take you to the Empyrean fields. I see you wagging at them . I see the far journey in your eyes. I hope Trixie and Flora and Holly have come for you......... to guide you on your journey home.

"Emma looked sad, and put her other paw on The Boss' other knee and looked into her face. The Boss absently reached out a hand and caressed Emma's head .. "Wonder why I did that?" The Boss asked absently. "It is almost as if Emma is here too, but she crossed the Rainbow Bridge long before you came, little one"

"Come on, Nancy, time to go home, The Boss understands that we can only be here for a short while, and accepts that" Trixie said. The Boss put a hand on each side of my face and said "safe journey, and happiness with your friends, keep watch for me at the entry to The Bridge"I closed my eyes, and left the shell behind -

I ran across the bridge with my friends- I looked at myself - I too was silver and raven, my feathers glittering in the glow of the bridge, my eyes were bright and full, - and we all looked back at The Boss - she was sad that we had gone, but happy for us too.

Don't grieve for me, I knew the love of a family, the affection of friends, the kindness of strangers, I had a warm bed by the fire when it was cold, a cool spot on the bathroom floor when it was hot - I had nice food, treats, car rides, trips to the beach and park, plenty of toys, lots of friends, I had babies which I loved, and in return I gave my all.

So sorry, kimzy. Sounds to me as if they have bad people skills, which does not always equate with bad work practices. I am sure you will get your little girl back.

Certainly tell your vet that you were unhappy, and if you like, send a pm to Troy and ask if it is ok to name the company.

And when they go, they know you are with them, and they love you, but they are seeing the verdant fields around the Rainbow Bridge, and the wonders there. And although you cannot see them, they can see you. They wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge. The body is not important to them any longer. She will wait there for you, because time passes in an instant there, she will be happy and comfortable with friends to play with. She will miss being with you, but she knows you loved her for all her long life.

My dog Nancy kept a diary, and I put it here. This is her account of going to the Rainbow Bridge. I hope it will give you peace and comfort. Know this is how Princess' passing was.

I think we could all light a candle for Princess tonight, couldn't we? I've lit mine. A nice pink one, for love.

9th April I have been dreaming of the Rainbow Bridge a lot lately.

This morning, I didn't feel very well. The boss took me outside to the toilet, carried me back and sat beside my bed. I had a little nap.

When I awoke, I could see the Rainbow Bridge - right where the wall used to be. It glowed blue, pink, orange, and glittered - The Boss and I both knew it was time for me to cross - The Boss stroked my head, and said " it's time, go safely, little one ".

The bridge was so big - I didn't think I would be able to cross it. Then I saw a movement in the middle - a little gold dog, shining in the light, long ears flying as she ran towards me over the bridge. When she got closer, I saw it was my old friend Flora - the silver had gone from her golden coat, the clouds had lifted from her eyes - she was a glowing golden dog now - - and she greeted me with a big lick.

Then I saw another dog, raven black and silver white, running to catch up with Flora - and a big red and white dog - my dear grand-daughter Trixie, and Holly, my big friend from puppyhood. With Holly was another dog, like her, who I had never seen before. Flora leaned over and said "That is Emma, she is Holly"s grandmother, and she was come with us to help you cross, and to see The Boss again. She hopes The Boss will know she is here with us today.

""How will I ever cross, Flora, I am old and small, and I do not think I can walk up that big bridge?""Just close your eyes, and think of crossing, and you will be able to, Nancy" Flora said.

Emma went to The Boss, saw the sadness, and put her paw on The Boss' knee. I looked at The Boss and wagged my tail...my aches and pains seemed to leave me.The Boss said "I know your friends are here Nancy, to take you to the Empyrean fields. I see you wagging at them . I see the far journey in your eyes. I hope Trixie and Flora and Holly have come for you......... to guide you on your journey home.

"Emma looked sad, and put her other paw on The Boss' other knee and looked into her face. The Boss absently reached out a hand and caressed Emma's head .. "Wonder why I did that?" The Boss asked absently. "It is almost as if Emma is here too, but she crossed the Rainbow Bridge long before you came, little one"

"Come on, Nancy, time to go home, The Boss understands that we can only be here for a short while, and accepts that" Trixie said. The Boss put a hand on each side of my face and said "safe journey, and happiness with your friends, keep watch for me at the entry to The Bridge"I closed my eyes, and left the shell behind -

I ran across the bridge with my friends- I looked at myself - I too was silver and raven, my feathers glittering in the glow of the bridge, my eyes were bright and full, - and we all looked back at The Boss - she was sad that we had gone, but happy for us too.

Don't grieve for me, I knew the love of a family, the affection of friends, the kindness of strangers, I had a warm bed by the fire when it was cold, a cool spot on the bathroom floor when it was hot - I had nice food, treats, car rides, trips to the beach and park, plenty of toys, lots of friends, I had babies which I loved, and in return I gave my all.

Jed that's so lovely thankyou for sharing that!

RIP little princess dog.

What a stressful thing for you to have to go through. I got my big old boy Spud cremated at the AWL in Adelaide, and they called me to tell me they had 'lost' him. I still remember that awful feeling, I was a wreck. Thank god they found him and cremated him as planned. I felt so much better when i got his ashes back. Adelaide is a 5 hr drive away so it was a huge relief to have him home with me.

I hope you too feel a sense of relief and peace when you get her ashes back.

I'm so sorry you have had to go through this. I lost my Jack Russell at 16 yrs of age in feb this year. I had her cremated with a company that had had their name tarnished by one franchisee, however when I brought this up they were understanding and reassuring. Once my Tiffy had passed I let them know and they were so lovely and caring, they took care of everything and returned my girl to my home later on. When you lose your dog it's devastating enough without worrying about this sort of thing. Is there a governing body for this type of business?? Maybe a complaint wouldn't go astray.

Edited by Sas10

RIP little princess dog.

What a stressful thing for you to have to go through. I got my big old boy Spud cremated at the AWL in Adelaide, and they called me to tell me they had 'lost' him. I still remember that awful feeling, I was a wreck. Thank god they found him and cremated him as planned. I felt so much better when i got his ashes back. Adelaide is a 5 hr drive away so it was a huge relief to have him home with me.

I hope you too feel a sense of relief and peace when you get her ashes back.

thankfully you got him back, but I've also got to say good on thr company for being upfront with you. With this sort of business you do worry about things happening and not knowing what you are actually getting back. So whilst it was an awful thing to happen at least they have the integrity to tell you the truth and not just cover it up

I havnt read all the replys ,but I wanted to add my condolences also ,Only Yesterday I was thinkin this ,what if its not My ******* in the casket,then I stopped my thoughts & realized regardless of what, if anything is in the casket ,it carries the never ending memories & love I had for my heart boy .

When I had my Huckie cremated the vets were Fantastic !!& did all the arranging for me <I was to upet to even think !!!!.

I also had a painting done of him & planted a rose (best Friend ) in memory of him .

Console yrself @ this heart wrenching time ,if u can ,with the knowledge yr Dog will ALWAYS be with You ,not just the ashes ,but her spirit will live on in your hearts forever .She will be watching over you .

Oh gosh I'm so very very sorry. I lost my beautiful 12 year old heart boy a few months ago and he was my everything. It was devastating and I was ever so grateful for the beautiful people who I had him cremated with, they were simply amazing, compassionate, beautiful people and this made the process at least a tiny bit easier to deal with.

I can't imagine how you are feeling and I would be shattered to have been treated like you were. Just know that you loved your baby girl and she loved you and you have done the very best you can. I'm sure she will return to you and let's hope that it was just one rude person and not a reflection of the entire place.

Love to you and your beautiful girl :(

Kimzy, I m so sorry that your loss has been made even more painful by the actions of the people who should be helping you through your grief.

Focus your thoughts on the wonderful Princess you had in your lives for many years and the wonderful memories you will have forever in your heart. One idea that may help is a memory box. A beautiful wooden box can be lined with satin and you can place special keepsakes and the like that have a connection with your sweetheart and really make the filling of the box a ceremony, light a candle or anything you feel comfortable doing to make it a beautiful time of reflection for you and your husband. :(

Kimzy, I m so sorry that your loss has been made even more painful by the actions of the people who should be helping you through your grief.

Focus your thoughts on the wonderful Princess you had in your lives for many years and the wonderful memories you will have forever in your heart. One idea that may help is a memory box. A beautiful wooden box can be lined with satin and you can place special keepsakes and the like that have a connection with your sweetheart and really make the filling of the box a ceremony, light a candle or anything you feel comfortable doing to make it a beautiful time of reflection for you and your husband. :)

OMG how stessful thing for you to have to go through, I recently asked dollers their opinion on cremation or burying my old dog when she goes as I live in rental property, well after the bad things I've heard about pet cremations i will now be burrying my little girl in my garden when her time comes.