Please Pray For Chase

Kaffy Magee

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such fantastic news!!! Keep on improving Chase!!!! :laugh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/bow...ndbowwowsig.jpg

i apologise for this being off topic, but cant help asking. what colour do you call your chihuahua? then what would you call it if instead its all red instead of the cream, and yes with a paler red face like yours n still with the black ticking were it is?

never seen this colour n the cream face before the red version turned up. n i have to put a colour to register it???

gee what a nightmare of worry for Chase's owners. I'm not veryup with pnemonia. does this mean his chances are much better than the before thoughts.... its whats im thinking and hoping anyway.... such stressful time for all

I don't know much about pneumonia in dogs( or people for that matter) but I asked the vet nurse what's the prognosis and she said it's still very serious it's just a waiting game now but there is a high mortality rate in dogs with it. The anti biotics he's on are extremely strong and the next 48 hours are most important. He'll be on meds for about 6 weeks. He such a good little man though, he looks really good, no temperature, really well hydrated, but currently on oxygen,wagging tail and can walk around you really wouldn't think he was so sick. So please keep those fingers crossed. Cant wait to get home, I'm exhausted.

I don't know much about pneumonia in dogs( or people for that matter) but I asked the vet nurse what's the prognosis and she said it's still very serious it's just a waiting game now but there is a high mortality rate in dogs with it. The anti biotics he's on are extremely strong and the next 48 hours are most important. He'll be on meds for about 6 weeks. He such a good little man though, he looks really good, no temperature, really well hydrated, but currently on oxygen,wagging tail and can walk around you really wouldn't think he was so sick. So please keep those fingers crossed. Cant wait to get home, I'm exhausted.

Mortality rate in humans is not too flash either its called Mendelson's Syndrome.

Kaffy devious routes I took to get your number :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart::cheer: :cheer: :happydance:

Big :rofl:

Finger crossed for Chase. My whippet Kibah vomited under anaesthetic and got it into her lungs. She was very sick at the time with other stuff, but I just wanted you to know she recovered fully. Just letting you know of a good outcome.

I've dealt with a couple of aspiration pneumonia cases over the years, IV AB's and physio were used in combination.

Does your vet feel Chase would benefit from physio ?

good thoughts constantly being sent.

fifi

I'm following this thread closely and keeping everything crossed for the handsome guy. Be strong Chase. :( I'm looking forward to hearing that you're out of the woods and that your mum can breathe a sigh of relief and get some much needed rest.