Dog Just Died Anyone Up

JulesP

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jules, I am so sorry to hear about Brock. I hope the baiting was accidental, at least then there is less of a risk to your girls. Lots of people here are thinking of you, and sending you warm wishes. I think we all know it could just as easily been any of us. My prayers are with you.

JulesP

It might be worth sending someone less emotional about this to go around the neighbours and check if they've been using any bait.

I just assume mine do and hope it doesn't come in my place. And my dog is inside when I'm not home. Except the other day when she declared it far too nice outside to come in (sigh).

We've got crows in our area who definitely carry around some quite big things, like bbq t-bones (minus most of the steak). And bones and my dog do not agree.

I wish I was a bit better at teaching her to ask permission before she tucks into something. She's quite good when I'm around inside, but not good outside. School playground and new ovals and the day after footy games (bbq residues and debris) bad.

God I feel like shit. Not helping is the fact that it was Brock that normally cheered me up. He was such a joyful dog that you couldn't help but smile when you looked at him. Seeing me sitting here upset would normally have had him at the window, licking the glass and wagging his tail. :cry:

Oh Jules,big hug for you, I thought about you all day yesterday,I hope that you managed to get someone to come over so at least you had some company.I hope the other dogs are ok. I know nothing anyone can say will make you feel better but I hope you will look after yourself as much as is possible.

Slept ok as my medicine normally knocks me out. Can't eat.

The girls are quiet and sad looking. It is starting to get windy here which would normally have had Brock running around the garden, the girls would then practice their herding skills on him, lots of stalking and flanking. When the wind picked up they ran up to the lawn and looked confused and walked back down to their beds.

God I feel like shit. Not helping is the fact that it was Brock that normally cheered me up. He was such a joyful dog that you couldn't help but smile when you looked at him. Seeing me sitting here upset would normally have had him at the window, licking the glass and wagging his tail. :cry:

:cry: Just come out of the worst of this myself Jules, and it feels like nothing matters anymore. I promise you the pain will ease, just go with it for now and let it wash through you.

Huge hugs and tears with you.

fifi

I am so sorry for your loss, and agree you shouldn't be alone maybe you have a friend or a co worker you could call.

Have you brought any new plants, a friend of mine lost a dog because the plants he brought had fertiliser on them and his dog ate it.

If you do find a bait I would report it to the police, if someone threw it in your yard he could do it again.

Big hugs to you :grouphug:

Edited by mish13