Please Send Earl Healing Thoughts

MsKatie

Oh poor Earl, lovely boy. Sending lots of love to you all. xxx :grouphug::love::kissbetter::kissbetter:

strangely enough we had a very similar thing recently with our viz.

She acted strangely and I thought OMG..bloat. took her straight to the vet, late on a friday night and they did tests etc., xrays showed an obstruction, when they went in (as in surgery, she was opened from arthur to martha!) they found a very strange twisted load of vessels near her liver..no reason at all, no idea why or how, or how to stop this from reoccurring.. :o something to do with the lining of the organs twisting and obstucting the liver...

it was touch and go for a few days, I feel so badly for you, it's very frightening..

He is such a big strong boy and greatly adored and I'm sure he will pull through without any problems. My girls send big sloppy girly licks and kisses and get well soon wishes..

So much for lowering stress levels and blood pressure! DOGS!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Katie, this is just awful! Poor Earl, that big gorgeous boofer just can't seem to catch a break :( . I will have everything crossed for you and will light a candle for him each night until he's out of the woods. He's a strong, healthy boy, he has everything going for him and so many DOL vibes around him, he MUST get better.

Please call or message me anytime if you need anything.

Big hugs to you all :heart:

xxx

Thanks all - have just been up to see the boy - he is passed out on the floor on a lovely warm pet bed but has been up on his feet since the operation so that was good news - he seems to have a fan club up at the vets and even managed to smooch a wolfhound girl the first night he was there. :heart:

Spoke to his vet and all we can do now is wait and hope and pray that no toxins made their way into his body to cause an infection - the next 2 nights will be the telling ones so still crossing fingers. :crossfingers:

Am going back to visit him tomorrow at 2.00 - will update then.

Again - thank you for all your good wishes - your support is so appreciated. :thanks:

Earl is a strong healthy boy apart from his desire to eat things he shouldn't... this may be a hurdle, but he should pull through, OK?

I had an 11 year old Rottie girl who had a similar op for a gastric torsion, and she pulled through just fine against all odds...

Sending healing vibes from me - and soothing licks from the furkids for you and Earl.

T.

Oh Earl, you are putting your family through lots of stress and heartache sweetheart. Sending you and your family all our love and healing vibes :)

Why do we have dogs when they can cause us so much emotional upset at times, but one look at Earls big squidgy face and all the expense, stress and truama mean nothing compared to his health and unconditional love he gives :hug:

So sorry to hear this Katie, not sure if you followed what happened to Toby but after his intestinal obstruction operation he got even sicker and they opened him back up thinking they would lose him on the operating table but they had no choice. Luckily he came through and again he took another 5 days before he started making progress and got to come home. His scar tissue had started adhering together and caused another blockage and he had burst cysts in his pancreas. He ended up with pancreatitis, peritonitis was that skinny he had no reserves left, fought like buggery at 10 years of age with a slight heart murmur. So if Toby can do it so can Earl :crossfingers: I know how you are feeling and it's terrible, we had Toby up at the vets for over 3 weeks and had even said our goodbyes to him at one stage. Myself, OH and my daughter went up every day for cuddles and got to take him out in the sun and I'm sure that helped a lot, that and the best vet and staff ever :)

Come on Earl, fight like buggery mate, your family need you :hug: