Urgent Help For Female Gsd X - Needs A New Home/foster Care

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit about the home on offer - it's a family with teenagers, dog would be walked twice daily for half an hour both times, inside with the family, mum's home most of the time and wants a gardening companion etc. Sleeps inside at night but if they should have to go out, the block is huge and there is a kennel etc for shelter, sounds gorgeous and any dog will be lucky to be rehomed there ... I have everything crossed that this will work out. They are not concerned if Ellie is good with other animals - they don't have any and don't want to go to dog parks. I have the photos of her with Juice's dog to show them, praying for a miracle!

This sounds like the perfect home for Ellie, I hope she can see the New Year in with a new family :crossfingers:

Wonderful news - Ellie is moving house! The lovely family are going to foster with a view to adopt, if it shouldn't work out then we will keep looking but it would be much easier with her living in a normal environment.

Today Ellie was so excited to see me, I had a bear hug more than once, she couldn't wait to go for a walk. She was just wonderful and the family member who came with me found Ellie to be delightful and a prospective good fit for them so the decision was made!

Tomorrow I'll take her to the vet and then to her new foster home! :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for all the support, special thanks to Rachel - I showed them the photos on DOL and they could see how lovely she is! And thanks for all the walks and love and treats you have given her. It has really made her life much more bearable.

Big thanks to Juice and Tdierx for giving up their time to come and help in various ways.

I'll be doing Ellie updates for all her fans as the weeks go by.

Edited by dogmad

I have been following this thread every day hoping to hear this news, now the news has come I just had to post. What a fantastic outcome due to hard work and persistence from all involved - Ellie will finally get to know what it is like to be included as part of a loving family - what a wonderful start to 2012 and I can't wait to hear updates on Ellie as they come. Just amazing, I am so happy and hoping this will be her forever home. If not, at least she will be off that rope and concrete and start to experience life as she should have always known it. Well done everyone, and best of luck to the gorgeous Ellie :D

Edited by kazads