At The Emergency Vet

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little B#$T%^#$!. They add years to our lives and then take them away with these shenanigans!

This!! You just wish you could explain to them that we're not just being party poppers when we tell them they can't have things, it's actually for a reason!

Very glad to hear they're ok, no doubt you'll be loving having them back home to cuddle :)

Based on my very limited understanding of what certain pain meds can do in humans, they can dehydrate you which then damages your kidneys and in large doses causes them to shut down, which can still happen after a few days. Keeping them on fluids would have kept the kidneys hydrated while their bodies processed whatever they absorbed. Like you said LMSW, the food in their tummies would have helped reduce the risk of stomach damage too. Feel free to correct me of any of that is totally wrong :o

Fingers crossed they'll have no other problems!

LMSW's perspective: 3 days of hell with a huge bill to pay at the end.

Roscoe & Riddick's perspective: We had a nice holiday with the vet nurses.

Little B#$T%^#$!. They add years to our lives and then take them away with these shenanigans!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PRETTY MUCH!

Very expensive holiday indeed. I could have gone to visit europe on this amount, god damn dogs!

What a relief that they are out of danger and be thankful it wasn't paracetamol.

For anyone who was curious, the drug they got a hold of was called Feldene.

So glad they're okay. Now I'm all teared up over dogs and a human I haven never met! :)

:laugh: Me too. Just read through this thread now and when I read LMSW's response to the tests being clear, I admit I teared up. Her joy and relief were palpable. I know I would feel exactly the same way.

Thanks so much for the lovely words guys. :o

It doesn't seem like much, but when everything is so terrible, its nice to have somewhere like DOL to help it be a tiny bit more bearable

I think the boys are just as happy to be home as I am happy for them to be home. They're following me like hawks, and Riddick is sleeping on my feet at every opportunity <3

Woohoo! FYI feldene if commonly used to treat some cancers in dogs!! Not at the doses your guys tried to use though-)! Such great news!!!

Flash was on daily Feldene after her bladder cancer, but it was ALWAYS given with a meal. I'd have been in a mad panic if she'd eaten a lot of it.

Still glad all is good!!!