My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a horrible to thing to be going through and poor Buddy, I feel so sad for him, no living being should be treated in that manner. What an absolute disgrace. I've never taken my dog to a groomer, but if I were going to, I'd sit there and wait and watch.

I'm so sorry for your loss Caz, this is everyone's worst nightmare.

RIP Buddy, you were sooo loved. xo

Caz, get everything down now, get the vets report.

she sounds like she is sounding you out to see if you will do anything.

RSPCA should be first call, do it all while its fresh in your mind.

see a lawyer and sue her.

i have no idea the pain you must be feeling of helplessness that you couldn't stop it. :cry:

This is so sickening.

I am so sorry for your loss.....I am struggling to comprehend how somebody working with animals could be so careless and inconsiderate of such a beautiful old dog. I can't even begin to imagine your pain.

RIP Buddy :cry:

Caz, get everything down now, get the vets report.

she sounds like she is sounding you out to see if you will do anything.

RSPCA should be first call, do it all while its fresh in your mind.

see a lawyer and sue her.

i have no idea the pain you must be feeling of helplessness that you couldn't stop it. :cry:

Agree with juice - all the info needs to be collated now while it is fresh.

Hopefully Caz has someone that could step in and do this for her - trying to deal with the loss of Buddy under such horrible circumstances would be hard enough.

I feel so very, very angry on yours and Buddy's behalf. She has told you the awfulest of truths. My gut told me all along that he wasn't simply left alone for a couple of minutes or this would not be the outcome. I do hope the owner and all the staff working there are traumatised by this experience so those that don't worship the ground every dog walks on find new careers. But I also hope you might take some time before you decide what it is you want out of this situation and be true to your own nature. You are not a vindictive person and nothing is going to bring Buddy back or change how he left this world. Don't become bitter over something you had no control over.

Take your time and go with actions that feel right in your gut and hopefully they will be actions that some good can come out of.

Love you honey.

XXX

As much as I sympathize with the OP, the comments of suing are a tad rash and blinded. If it was an employee that has done wrong and if she has been fired, repremanded, than to continue to sue the owner for another's mistake, how is that just? The owner had a duty of care, however so do employees in such a position, we all make mistakes in life, jumping down the "sue her" mentality will bring the OP nothing but grief and a large financial burden which could drag on for years.

An alternative I suggest would be a lifetime of grooming for a highly reduced price.

Reason not going down the legal route is many, but as a lowly law student I can already foresee countless facts that would adversely affect your chances of "taking her for everything she has got" and in consequence leaving the OP with a rather hefty debt. Please don't encourage a route that you know nothing about, it may seem clear cut, but in fact it isn't, not even close.

Once again OP very sorry for your loss, and in no way was my post insencere about what has happened, more of a warning to not to listen to "all" opinions on here.

An alternative I suggest would be a lifetime of grooming for a highly reduced price.

eek1.gifeek1.gifeek1.gif

I think that's the last thing Caz would want!! And to have to pay ANY money towards that "service" again, what a joke!

I'd be devastated and be so ridden with guilt if I lost a dog on my watch like that, and would more than likely close up shop voluntarily and seek a new career.

Just can't believe it icon_smile_mad.gif

The owner of the Groomers has just called me. She was very upset and sorry.

When I asked if she could please explain how such a thing could happen she told me that Buddy was left chained on a drying table while the girls were at lunch! :eek:

:mad :mad No one was in the room or even within ear shot. She obviously isnt trying to cover anything up, that is horrendous :cry:

It was only that the owner went to a customer at the front counter that she saw him hanging dead.

Are you kidding me :eek: WTF !!! This is going to send me insane, just too much.

She said if there is anything I want just tell her..... how about my precious boy being treated with a pinch of care!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, your support means the world to me.

I think the first thing you do is demand that those people are fired.

The owner is at fault imo.

Was it common practice to leave dogs tied to table's while staff all had lunch together? And was the owner aware of it, if so she is negligent.

It sounds like she was on the premises at the time as she said she walked past and saw him hanging, therefore surely she knew the staff were on lunch?

Sounds like shoddy care.

I would go after her, no doubt.

As much as I sympathize with the OP, the comments of suing are a tad rash and blinded. If it was an employee that has done wrong and if she has been fired, repremanded, than to continue to sue the owner for another's mistake, how is that just? The owner had a duty of care, however so do employees in such a position, we all make mistakes in life, jumping down the "sue her" mentality will bring the OP nothing but grief and a large financial burden which could drag on for years.

Reason not going down the legal route is many, but as a lowly law student I can already foresee countless facts that would adversely affect your chances of "taking her for everything she has got" and in consequence leaving the OP with a rather hefty debt. Please don't encourage a route that you know nothing about, it may seem clear cut, but in fact it isn't, not even close.

Once again OP very sorry for your loss, and in no way was my post insencere about what has happened, more of a warning to not to listen to "all" opinions on here.

Are you for real?

The owner of the salon had a duty of care and was responsible for her staff and every minute of Buddy's grooming there. Whether a staff member was responsible or not - NO dog should ever be left tethered on a table/bench on a check chain. It is UNFORGIVABLE, bad practice and should NEVER have happened. It just makes it bleedingly obvious that these are inexperienced and untrained groomers. They do not deserve to be in business IMO. :mad

Wouldn't it depend on the evidence as to how the case would turn out in court? If there's footage, for example, as well as the vet report I would have thought it wouldn't be as hard as other successful cases to take this through claims? I think we're all aware that it's expensive, but people have already expressed interest in offering financial support and I wouldn't be surprised if others do the same considering the nature of the case. It's unbelievable.

Of course, it's entirely up to the OP and anything involving the courts is stressful, undoubtedly. But I feel like an example needs to be made here.

Also, reduced cost grooming for life? I don't really understand how that might be considered an appropriate concession?

I would expect any employee responsible for this to be fired.

As an employer, we are responsible for our employees (that is why we have insurance).

The business should have civil action taken against it and compensation (which can never replace the Buddy the dog) paid..

Leaving a dog tied to a table while they go to lunch is negligence pure and simple.

I would think the last thing someone would want, would be to go back to that particular business for anything after what happened.

I just had to register to express how very very sorry I am for you and poor Buddy and to express my absolute horror that something like this could happen.

I note that you have already reported the incident to the RSPCA. I would consult a lawyer ( experienced in animal cruelty cases) to ascertain what options are available to you legally and what the maximum outcome could be as far as damages go. It may be that because dogs are treated as "property" that the potential amount of financial recompense may not be worth the legal costs. What this business would fear most would be the public exposure and any legal action may require that you do not discuss the case publicly. I think this business should be exposed for the shocking neglect that has caused Buddy's terrible death and as a warning to others of what can happen. Current affair shows I am sure would be interested if you should feel up to taking that path or at least exposure in the local press.

I would also mention that I have actually seen this happen at a grooming salon before. The dog managed to free itself after a few seconds but it too had been left unattended.

Again I am very very sorry :( .

eek1.gifeek1.gifeek1.gif

I think that's the last thing Caz would want!! And to have to pay ANY money towards that "service" again, what a joke!

I'd be devastated and be so ridden with guilt if I lost a dog on my watch like that, and would more than likely close up shop voluntarily and seek a new career.

Just can't believe it icon_smile_mad.gif

Unfortunately emotion plays a very little role in the world of law and to some degree business. Hence why my posts may seem very blunt and not very empathetic. Have to think realistically without emotion.

That's appalling that they left him to go to lunch, :mad , whilst it is probably a good thing she is not covering up or making excuses it beggars belief that anyone - let alone a professional groomer would think this is ok. As to asking if there is anything you would like,sadly that is beyond her power thanks to her negligent excuses for employees.

BronsonW - with all due respect nobody in their right mind would want to be offered reduced price grooming by such an establishment, they killed her beloved dog through their actions. I can't imagine Cazstaff will ever want to step foot in there again. People are venting because they are so angry, shocked and upset and they want Cazstaff to get as many facts together as soon as possible whilst they are fresh in everyone's mind. Not that I imagine the horror of what happened will fade too quickly, I'm sure Cazstaff will decide for herself on the course of action she wants to take in time.

Cazstaff, I truly hope you have someone close by at this terrible time. Please try to take care of yourself.