Roo

Jellyblush

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks for your touching support. Thank you for thinking of Roo and I. I don't feel too good. I can't find much to say. But I do appreciate it and I'll come back when I can to thank you properly and maybe post some pics.

Jelly, it's perfectly normal to not feel too good... you have done the hardest thing you could ever do for the girl you loved so deeply. You have given her the peace she needed at the time she needed it - and for that you have my heartfelt condolences and utmost respect.

You will meet again... at the Rainbow Bridge... and all will be perfect...

The Rainbow Bridge

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,

Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,

Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;

Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,

The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

Has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

T.

Oh Jelly, of course you don't feel good -its one of the hardest things we do, and even tho we know we do it for them, it hurts like hell. And then I always second guess myself, and then there's simply the enormous hole in your life. I know you are hurting now, but you did everything and more that could be done for Roo, and your decision was based on what was best for her. Take care

Hi dol-ers. I came in to say thanks again for your support. I feel lost, and pace the house looking for Roo, the way she paced it looking for me for so many lonely days while I was gone. Finally, I truly understand her fear and anxiety. Sometimes I think I can see her on the stairs, or in her bed, but of course I can't. Twice, I have picked up her lead from where it still hangs over the staircase when I open the front door to go for a walk, forgetting that she can no longer come. I talk to her. I feel as though she still listens. I know I will never have a better friend. She was frightened when the vet came. She growled as though she knew. Perhaps she did. I know I did the right thing for her, made the best choices I could, sought as much help and advice as I could ... I know I did the right thing, but I still wish we'd had longer. She was only 4. So young. She should have been with me many more years, many more runs, many more swims, many more hugs, many more licks on the back of my hand. I will always remember her. I will always listen for her. I will always wish I could feel her cold little nose against my skin one more time.

Thank you again for all you have done for both of us. You are a truly caring community. Your support and practical advice gave Roo and I ten more months together and I will always be grateful for that.

RubyLR-18_zpsb12909f1.jpg

RubyLR-13_zps6af4e5e5.jpg

RubyLR-6_zps07107e1c.jpg

RubyLR-3_zps24307fef.jpg

CatchingsomeZswithmygirl_zpsb010aa0c.jpg

20131020_215106_zps4c32dad9.jpg

425038_10151936606750554_173317145_n1_zpse1dc40e7.jpg

RubyLR-1_zps5dc03504.jpg

RubyLR-19_zps5be14cd0.jpg

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/rachelaltmann/RubyLR-4_zpse5ab24e7.jpg

Jelly.. I am in tears for your heartache and loss. Those beautiful photos are for us a tiny window into the love that you and Roo shared during your journey in the life together. THanks to you Sweet Roo knew what it was like to be safe , to be loved ... and you gave her every chance to heal her psyche.. sometimes the time is oh so short but the memories are indellible and the love remains forever.. what you and Roo shared has made you what you are today... a strong loving caring young woman who has been able to make the most difficult decision.. to do what is best for your Roo despite knowing that at the same time you break your heart...

Remember if the love is not there there is no pain of parting either...

blessings to you

helen