Roo

Jellyblush

:flower: As someone who read all your posts I am in admiration for all you have done for your Roo. I am very sorry that you have had to face such a decision. You have been so proactive, open and courageous in your actions doing everything possible. I am grateful that you shared your journey as I am sure you are not alone in owning a beautiful but anxious dog. Your courage in making this decision is admirable.

May you both have special moments for the time you share, wishing peace be there for both of you.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Jelly, I really feel for you, such a hard decision. :cry:

You did the best you could, but sometimes it just isn't it enough & when quality of life diminishes its a kindness to say goodbye. :(

From someone who has been in a similar situation, I advise you to be kind to yourself. It will be heartbreaking, but you put your dog first which is an admirable thing. Best wishes. :o

Edited by dee lee

Jelly all my love to you and Roo. I commend you for the extent you were willing to go to try and obtain a decent life for Roo and totally support you in this decision when all avenues have been exhausted and it is clear Roo cannot live comfortably. My heart goes out to you.

Exactly this....I couldn't have said it better :hug:

Gosh, as those above have said. :cry: . A devastating decision to have arrived at. There are posters in this thread who understand totally. Sometimes, our loved ones are just too damaged and have too many demons for whatever reasons we don't know and, in all conscience and love, we have to release them.

My heart goes out to you, Jelly.

The beautiful photo of you both says it all IMHO. Take care of you.

One of the very top photos.

Oh jelly, I'm so sorry you've had to make this decision but I think you are so brave to have done so, knowing it's the way to give Roo peace.

You've done so amazingly well with trying everything there is to try, and because she found you Roo has had so many happy, loving moments and good experiences that she otherwise would have missed out on.

It will be so hard but remember it is the only kind thing left to do, and she will know that she is with you, her favourite person in the world, as she goes to sleep.

:hug::hug::hug:

Jelly,

I am another who has has followed your and Roo's thread in silence, but also in awe of all you did for your beautiful girl. I think you are amazing and so very, very brave. I will light a candle for you both on the 14th and you will be in my thoughts. Wishing you strength and peace at this hardest of times.

Peace for you both when her time comes, I too have followed the journey of Roo, she is lucky to have had you in her life. You have tried everything and are now going to make the ultimate sacrifice, putting Roo first, before you and your heartache. I love the photo, it tells such a story without any words.... :angel:

JB...I'm so sorry. I know the time and money you have put into Roo, not to mention the love. At least she will go with you with her and once more be comfortable and free of anxiety.

All the best...I'll be thinking of you...

I am another who silently followed you and Roo over the last few months. I have admired your strength & determination to make things better for Roo. She has truly been loved by you and in that nothing else matters. I hope you both enjoy your last few weeks together full of happy memories. X

Jelly I am so sorry that all of your patience, commitment and love has not helped Roo to heal. You must be devastated :cry:

She is a lucky dog to have been in your care and I wish you strength at this difficult time. :hug:

Please give her a hug from me

My heart breaks for you- so very sorry.

You are such an amazing owner and Roo is blessed to have you. You have done so much for her. Always putting her wellbeing first.

I will be thinking of you both and will light a candle on the 14th.

Be kind to yourself and give Roo a hug.

Thinking of you both xxx

I too have followed Roos thread over the months and admired your dedication and love for her. It's going to be a hard day for you when you let her go, and I hope you can let your conscience be at ease that you've done all and much more than most people would, to help her try to overcome her anxiety. In the end it will be a release for her, no more worrying and confusion and stress and panic. You will be doing her a kindness, as you always have throughout her life.

what a lucky girl Roo has been to have you by her side, making all the right decisions for her, even the ultimate one. Bless

Perfectly put.

:grouphug:

perfectly put indeed.

it takes a huge heart packed full of unselfish love to put in the effort you have to help sweet Roo overcome her problems and to have a chance for a happy and anxiety free life and recognise that the miracle is not just around the next corner. blessings to you and Roo..may these days together be extra special...

love

Helen