If You Could 'edit' Your Breed In Some Way, What Would You Do?

kelpiecuddles

Two words: greyhound gas. Even on diets that work with probiotics etc etc, every so often one of them lets rip with something which should be banned under the Geneva Convention. It generally occurs when we're helpless and asleep. We are ripped from sleep, clutching at our throats, eyes streaming, thinking we are under attack by chemical or biological weapons, grabbing for a light switch and hoping no spark occurs to ignite the gas. We look through the green fumes swirling to see a roaching greyhound, moaning blissfully and smiling.

It's lucky we love them!

:rofl: :laugh:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words: greyhound gas. Even on diets that work with probiotics etc etc, every so often one of them lets rip with something which should be banned under the Geneva Convention. It generally occurs when we're helpless and asleep. We are ripped from sleep, clutching at our throats, eyes streaming, thinking we are under attack by chemical or biological weapons, grabbing for a light switch and hoping no spark occurs to ignite the gas. We look through the green fumes swirling to see a roaching greyhound, moaning blissfully and smiling.

It's lucky we love them!

OMG and to think I'm only being gassed by an ITALIAN greyhound. I was about to offer her to the army as a weapon of war ..... Some evenings I spend hours wafting the invisible gases with the TV Guide and wonder if i'll make it through the night as she insists on sleeping right next to me usually ... no matter what I feed her, the wind is unrelenting .. :eek:

Edit Tibetan Spaniels? They wouldn't stand for it. It's not that I think they're perfect ... but they do. :)

Phahaha! I was about to say the same thing!

My boy wouldn't even look at my friend (she lurks on DOL - you know who you are ; p) after she laughed at his twirl trick. Completely turned his back on her and he knows her well.

Whilst tempting to say less stubborn, it's that that makes them such funny little characters :)

My JRT? Less shedding!

Guest Maeby Fünke

Pug.

I would edit out:

mast cell tumours

breathing problems

eye problems

shedding

any other serious genetic disease, ie. PDE.

I can't say I've ever really had problems with my hounds being gassy but they are raw fed so maybe that's why.

To answer the OP.. maybe prey drive. Not the actual drive itself but the intensity of it in some dogs. Chasing rabbits wouldn't bother me, chasing small dogs, on the other hand, is a serious concern. I love my drivey girl a lot but it'd be nice to be able to do normal dog things with her, like just taking her for a walk in public.

I wish my shiba was more cuddly and put up with my hugs more. She'll tolerate a quick pat when I get home then it's either playtime, walk time, food time or 'leave me alone' time =(

I was just about to ask that all shibas listen and be responsive.... I'd love to own a shiba I could rely on to stay or drop when I asked, not when they felt like it....

I'd see the dingo a protected species Australia wide

Won't work. Dingos are an introduced species. What we need is for them to be declared a natural monument of Australia. For example, "In December 1936, the Shiba Inu was recognized as a Natural Monument of Japan through the Cultural Properties Act,"

Dingos need the same thing. Yes, they would have to be brought in and bred to a standard but it would keep them alive as a breed, which wont happen as they stand today.

Less shedding, less slowing down as they age. Otherwise, for me, Goldies are perfect. :)

Considering short haired, more energetic gun dogs for my next dog, but it feels like a big compromise. :o

Love the long fur- just wish it didn't fall out! :laugh: