Wait For Papers...

twisties

Just a quick question, I am keen to hear others experiences... We went through quite an extensive process when looking for our pup, a registered breeder, finding out about the breeder & questions for us etc. our Beau is wonderful but we have been waiting over 12months now for his documentation. The breeder has had a difficult time over the intervening period as I understand but has now bred another litter. We have been attempting to make contact through the original email address, the new email address, mobile numbers and PM's to no avail.

I would just love to know what others think is a reasonable time to wait for the pedigree certificate or papers? What should we do from here?

Can I also just say how thankful I am for the wonderful support we have had in raising our boy from a number of people on this forum, you know who you are...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be a few weeks for the papers, maybe a month or so. Have you contacted the appropriate states canine council to see if they have been lodged by the breeder?

Or have you tried contacting them on facebook, where they are quite actively posting pics of the new litter?

Edited by minimax

Just a quick question, I am keen to hear others experiences... We went through quite an extensive process when looking for our pup, a registered breeder, finding out about the breeder & questions for us etc. our Beau is wonderful but we have been waiting over 12months now for his documentation. The breeder has had a difficult time over the intervening period as I understand but has now bred another litter. We have been attempting to make contact through the original email address, the new email address, mobile numbers and PM's to no avail.

I would just love to know what others think is a reasonable time to wait for the pedigree certificate or papers? What should we do from here?

Can I also just say how thankful I am for the wonderful support we have had in raising our boy from a number of people on this forum, you know who you are...

Sometimes there can be problems with registering the sire / dam if its not a straight forward situation ie ANKC registered dog.

But if this is the case, it would be nice if the breeder could keep you in the know.

Maybe ring the State CC of the rbeeder and ask if there is any pending issue (delay) with the reg sire and dam of your puppy.

Hope all is resolved soon :)

As pups cannot be registered with the ANKC without the microchip - then often breeders wait until the microchip at 6-8 weeks, then send the papers off.... perhaps a month would be about the most the ANKC would take to get papers back to breeders, allow another month for the breeder to get organised to mail to you...if being slow...

Certainly the papers should be available within at least a two month period. Also know whether you paid for a full or limited registered pup......

Do you know if the breeder is a member of the State Breed Club.... it may be worth contacting the secretary of this club so that they can forward an email to the member - this might embarrass the breeder to get organised.... otherwise send a letter to your state ANKC

Do not leave any long... 12 months is an embarrasment - if you have attempted to contact them and no contact or papers sent..... the breeder should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm thinking that as you haven't received the papers in a timely fashion, and you are having difficulty getting any response from your pup's breeder even though you have tried ALL methods, I don't think you are ever going to see his papers.

T.

At this stage, your best bet would be to contact the ANKC controlling body in the State your breeder lived in - if NSW, then it would be Dogs NSW. They should be back in business after the break now. Dogs NSW website. They should at least be able to tell you, or help you find out, whether the litter was ever registered with an ANKC member body.

At this stage, your best bet would be to contact the ANKC controlling body in the State your breeder lived in - if NSW, then it would be Dogs NSW. They should be back in business after the break now. Dogs NSW website. They should at least be able to tell you, or help you find out, whether the litter was ever registered with an ANKC member body.

Dogs NSW reopen Jan 14 I think it is. A year is definitely too long.

I think it took us 11 months before we got our papers for Kyojin. The only reason we got them in the end was because we got Dogs ACT to step in. I'd already asked the breeder about 6 times so had enough.

I think it took us 11 months before we got our papers for Kyojin. The only reason we got them in the end was because we got Dogs ACT to step in. I'd already asked the breeder about 6 times so had enough.

That's appalling.

I would suggest contacting your state body. We waited four months for Ivy's with no luck, contacted CCQ asking what to do. They got back to me within a couple of days asking for info on the litter ie prefix breed date of birth, confirmed the litter had been registered and contacted the breeder on our behalf. We had the papers two weeks after that.. It was frustrating to go down that path, but we'd had no response despite repeated requests for the papers.

Thanks everyone, brilliant news the papers are in the mail registered post according to a PM from breeder. We had been in contact with the executive officer of the states canine association who was making enquiries on our behalf.

Glad you got them in the end minxy, sorry for you guys that never did, thanks for all the PM's.

Will update once they arrive. ..

Glad it sounds like it's all worked out for you. We got ours when we picked Josie up from the breeder at 8 weeks so I just assumed that was the norm so I'm glad I read this because I'll know for when we get our next one that we may need to wait a week or two.

Thanks everyone, brilliant news the papers are in the mail registered post according to a PM from breeder. We had been in contact with the executive officer of the states canine association who was making enquiries on our behalf.

Glad you got them in the end minxy, sorry for you guys that never did, thanks for all the PM's.

Will update once they arrive. ..

Did they say why it took so long or why they had been ignoring you previously?

Pretty poor form for a well known DOL member.

What a relief to get your papers!

We only got our papers when our pup was 14 months old. When she hit 12 months, we knew we only had until she was 18 months to get those papers. We tried Dogs VIC who wouldn't/ couldn't help. We implored the breeder repeatedly,this litter was their first. We really thought we would never ever see the papers! We got the run around and probably ignored for a little while. It wasn't until their breeder blasted them that they got their act together. Then we got the papers in less than 5 days! But there are breeders and then there are breeders.

Minxy, I would like to know who your Akita breeder was. You can pm if you want.

took forever.

according the the breeder the stud dog owner refused to sign papers, according to stud dog owner he didn't recive payment for stud. ring dogsnsw and as I wasn't the dogs registered owner (most puppies are registered in breeders name than transferred across to new owner) and due to privacy laws I was unable to request any information. had to threaten legal action on both stud dog owner and breeder. if the dog isn't registered by a certain date than it cant become registered. (but then if the dog isn't registered than a registered breeder cant sell it as it violates ethics laws) it total huge sh#t fight.

glad you got it worked out.