Saying Goodbye

Rascalmyshadow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for everyone's kind words. The day is here and I am quite anxious, Bella has been my constant companion for most of her life, as a young dog she went to work with my husband every day then that changed and she was at work with me everyday.

It has been very hard to watch such a fit dog that loved car rides, ball games, romps at the beach, running next to our bikes etc. not be able to do any of those things anymore.

I thought she would be with us for a few more years but her eyesight is almost gone, her hearing is terrible, the incontinance is getting bad and after having both cruciates done (both she was over 9 ) she is so full of arthritis even a short walk or car trip leaves her sore. Even grooming her has become very difficult.

The last couple of years we have managed but she has needed a lot of medication to keep her comfortable, now she can't do any of the things she once enjoyed and I feel her quality of life is not good enough.

I have kept busy over the weekend to keep my mind off it all but it's starting to sink in now..

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

I am so sorry, what a terrible lot you have been through :(

Bella is blessed to have such loving, devoted owners, what a blessing for Bella knowing you are always there for her.

Enjoy your special time together today.

Thinking of you all and sending love

xx

Sorry to hear this, it is such a tough decision to have to make, but my old girls health isn't what it used to be and for the first time I really understand what it means when they say you will know when it is time, so I really think that if you have reached that decision it must be the right one, no matter how heartbreaking it is,

Don't grieve too long for now I'm free

I'm following the path God set for me

I ran to Him when I heard His call

I wagged my tail and left it all.

I could not stay another day

To bark, to love, to romp or play

Games left unplayed must stay that way

I found such peace it made my day.

My parting has left you with a void

So fill it with your remembered joy

A friendship shared, your laugh, a kiss

Oh, yes, these things I too shall miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow

My life's been full, you've given so much

Your time, your love and gentle touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all to brief

Don't lengthen it now with undue grief

Lift up your heart and share with me

God wanted me now, He set me free.

Author unknown

Thank you for having the courage to help sweet Bella make her final journey :heart:

Bella was peacefully given her wings at 12'o clock today, we took her out this morning and enjoyed a meat pie and choccy donut together, after we went to our local beach which she has loved since a puppy.

I took a little video of her digging and rolling in the sand, it was nice to see her so relaxed it felt like old times.

The house feels quite strange without her especially at dinner time, she has a special step in the kitchen to raise her bowl up and tonight it sat empty.

I'm not sure how il sleep tonight the last 13 years she has slept by my side.