I Need Help With My Dogs

Simply Grand

I thought I'd update this thread after catching up on the comments in the Dear thread in OT (which brought tearies, thank you all :o ).

After lots of tension, a few more bouts of tears for me, some bonding with mum, an unexpected almost $2k in dog boarding fees and some determination, I am now happily settled into my new place and have my three happy doggies lying around next to me :D

I had to talk my way into this place after the owner said yes then began to have doubts about the 3 dogs, I was back and forth with the council to get them registered and start the process for the permit to have more than 2, dates got changed and on the final day, after going to pick up the trailer and having to convince them I wasn't taking it out of Qld just because I still have a NSW licence, I arrived to collect the keys at the confirmed time and the property manager said "oh the previous tenants only returned the keys today (Friday), you can't move in until Tuesday". There was no way I could deal with that by that stage and more talking eventually convinced them to find a way!

So we did, and after the usual exhaustion of moving I collected all three dogs from boarding and spent our lovely first night together in our new home, with dogs free to go where they want and sleep on the bed with me.

The little house is great, a good set up for the dogs, perfect size yard, access to the yard from the garage so they can be out there when I'm not home to avoid Quinn style destruction and Riley style pee accidents in the house. There is a small fenced dog park 5 mins walk up the road and a fantastic giant fenced off lead area that the dogs are loving 5 mins drive away.

It's almost too good to be true but I think maybe it's good karma after some very difficult years, topped off by the past stressful month.

Thank Dog for DoL, having you guys to talk to, get ideas from and receive such lovely offers of help has absolutely gotten me though! I'm also so proud of my dogs, all of them got lovely comments about their temperaments and behavior, even after going through such upheaval.

And I know you'll all understand that although things would have been so much easier without three dogs, or two dogs or any dogs (as hinted at by certain mum and step dads), it was so worth sticking it out to still have my three gorgeous, happy, lovely monkeys with me :D

Edited by Simply Grand

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I know you'll all understand that although things would have been so much easier without three dogs, or two dogs or any dogs (as hinted at by certain mum and step dads), it was so worth sticking it out to still have my three gorgeous, happy, lovely monkeys with me :D

I dont think it could have been easier though. You were (rightly so) attached to your wee family. Howe could it be easier to start again without them?

Your own plan of moving was to improve their lot as well as yours.

So very very happy this has come to be.

All happiness for the times ahead.

:flower:

Great to hear you have a great outcome, I think a lot of people here on DOL are very happy to hear the result.

I am pleased that you did not try to keep this dilemma all bottled up inside yourself, but rather laid your quandry out here, I am sure it helped you to sort things in your own mind, and Doler's like to be able to support their friends here, even if it can only be with words and virtual hugs.

Yes, we do need piccies of happy dogs in what sounds like a great place.

Di