Oops. Johnny Depp's Dogs

persephone

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really disturbing to me... I'm interested in what diseases we don't have that other countries have & that we need to keep out. I know rabies is one, but are there others?

I can't believe that NOBODY did the research in his crew. I mean it's hard enough taking horse hay across Australia to feed them on the road. Let alone even harder bringing dogs into the country from the US!! It's ridiculous how they're just flaunting their ignorance really.

It's so disappointing that a pilot or the pilot's crew isn't educated/up-to-date on how to ensure the aircraft is safe to enter ANY country as necessary. That is absolutely ridiculous. I know that pilots already have to do so much studying but if you want to be flying people around the countryside I think biosecurity is a very important part of that.

I find this whole thing infuriating, for everyone who does the right thing, and pays all the large quarantines costs. Sure JD might not know the rules, but he has a team around him dedicated to his personal affairs no? Personal assistants who are paid to organise things like this?

There are other infectious diseases to worry about apart from rabies!

Apparently the US is currently having an outbreak of canine influenza, would be just great if they brought things like that here.

If my dogs were in that salon I would be on the war path. The idiot owner is a moron!

Apparently, unless there is a reason for concern the customs did rely on the pilot to report who and what is on the plane. Things are going to get a lot more difficult for private plane users in Oz, I recon. I also question, how many times has Depp done this over time? I bet all the countries he has gone through will be going through their records.

Even coming in on a private jet they paper work to fill out apparently. Also thought customs do a walk through of the plane. Dear Johnny Depp must have stretched the truth perhaps. Sometimes folks with plenty of $$$ think the law doesn't apply to them for some strange reason. Or maybe he thought they were just little dog's so they wouldn't matter. Who knows????

All I know is I would be so peeved off if my dogs caught some infectious disease from his 2 little darlings. Or by some wild coincidence the dog groomer we used just happened to be the very same one that groomed the terrior's in question.

Totally irresponsible behaviour from Depp IMHO.

Edited by BC Crazy

If my dog was at that grooming salon and happened to catch something I would move to sue JD.

I would have grounds for that too!

Shame on him.

Also reading some of the comments on the groomers fb page- some people are morons.

Obviously our quarantine laws are too strict according to them. Uh, thank you but i like not living with rabies.

Also a bit OT- can our native animals get rabies?

Drop bears would actually be real..

There was a similar kerfuffle about Elizabeths Taylor's dogs many years ago.

She sailed into the UK with six dogs onboard her yacht and used it to circumvent the UK's strict 6 month quarantine laws but keeping the dogs aboard.

Life is tough for celebrities. NOT

Did the groomer know that the dogs had bypassed quarantine? I would forgive anyone for not asking, because really in Australia you could be forgiven for assuming all pets pass through quarantine, no question.

If I was the groomer, and assumed the dogs had been quarantined, and then found out otherwise, I would be billing JD for the decontamination of my salon and full health testing of any dogs whose owners wanted it. And a written apology to myself and my clients!

If the groomer knew all along, then damn them to quarantine and back! No excuses.