Grover Is Really Sick - Another Change

Trisven13

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trish, I have only just logged on to DOL and am so sorry to hear your news. I am also relieved that he seems to be improving.

Please know that you, Steve and especially Grover are in our thoughts. We wish him a speedy and full recovery.

One of the most frustrating things is when the vets can't give a definitive answer. When Bree collapsed as a pup, she nearly died from an extreme temperature and had to have a laparotomy to bring her core temp down. They could give no reason for her high temp and the only thing we could think of was a reaction to an insect bite.

Hugs to you all

Sam

I havent been on here for a while, and just found this thread :)

Trish, I hope you find out soon what the problem is and can totally understand how bewildered you all are at the moment. Fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery for Grover ;)

Juliet

Victorian Collie Rescue

Well we have fabulous news. I'm still shocked given how he was last night but Grover is home and appearing to be perfectly fine. I have already had to tell him off for barking :) , he is prancing and bouncing and interested in Daphne (who came into season on Christmas Day). :D :D ;)

What these dogs do to us!!! But who cares - he is home and he appears well. He is on massive doses of ABs but they seem to have made the difference. Interesting what you say Hounder as that is Grover's most likely diagnosis as well.

We saw his blood test results today - yesterday his white cell count was actually only 0.4 but the vet didn't want to tell me that. Today it was 10 ;) . Definitely NOT his bone marrow - "just" a major infection somewhere unknown. who cares though hey??? :D :( :(

Edited by Trisven13

:(:(:( Well, I"m going to risk these guys again...........!!

:( :D ;) :(

and add a few of these just because its been such a roller coaster....... ;) :) :D

hugs to the big boof, and many hugs to you & Steve

HAPPY NEW YEAR.......

CHEERS :D :(

fifi, danny & hounds xxxx

and add a few of these just because its been such a roller coaster....... ;) :) :D

fifi, danny & hounds xxxx

And a very, very, very big thank you to you Fifi for being there for the entire roller-coaster. Having you to ring on Christmas Day and a couple of times every other bloody day, having someone to listen to whilst I cried, whilst we cried, whilst I beat myself up for causing it (when I thought it may have been heat-stress) and whilst we decided last night about driving to Melbourne has kept us both sane. Thank you from the very bottom of our hearts - I don't think you know just how much that meant to us. :D ;)