Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

:laugh: RubyStar - apparently standing up after you get knocked by the leash clip after some steward decided to have the lead draped around his neck thereby having to be told to sit again doesn't constitute a loss of points in UD either.

Ness occasionally likes to peak as well and I have never been that worried.

Nice work Seita - I thought Ella looked great.

Edited by ness

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I've been discouraging peeking because I want to be sure they're finding it via scent in the learning stages, instead of them sighting it and tricking me into thinking they know the scent game :laugh: But good to know "peeking" doesn't fail you or cost you a lot of points!

Mmmm chockies!!!! :)

Lucky girls!! I am also going to training tonight, been quite dedicated to my monday night training now - and with the Classic just a few weeks away we need to work our butts off!

Speaking of the Classic, I am now getting a glimpse of what you triallers with multiple dogs in multiple disciplines feel in the hip pocket!

I have gone from trialling one dog in obedience, to now trialling two dogs in obedience and agility, and my Western Classic entries have gone up astronomically since last year!!! :)

There's a double obedience trial coming up in April too, that's gonna need some budgeting for :laugh:

Edited by RubyStar

Agility is a killer RubyStar - especially when you have a double trial and can potentially have a dog entered in 8 runs a day :laugh: . Multiply that by multiple dogs and it can give you a serious heart attack.

Agility is a killer RubyStar - especially when you have a double trial and can potentially have a dog entered in 8 runs a day :laugh: . Multiply that by multiple dogs and it can give you a serious heart attack.

Yep I am already seeing this!

Speaking of the Classic, I am now getting a glimpse of what you triallers with multiple dogs in multiple disciplines feel in the hip pocket!

I have gone from trialling one dog in obedience, to now trialling two dogs in obedience and agility, and my Western Classic entries have gone up astronomically since last year!!! :)

There's a double obedience trial coming up in April too, that's gonna need some budgeting for :laugh:

Welcome to my world - now you know why I walk around in daggy handmedown clothes :laugh:

I have gone from trialling one dog in obedience, to now trialling two dogs in obedience and agility, and my Western Classic entries have gone up astronomically since last year!!! :rofl:

There's a double obedience trial coming up in April too, that's gonna need some budgeting for :p

:cheer: Now you know why this retired old lady is still working :) - and then for me, add accommodation, petrol etc. if I want to trial or go to seminars interstate - and show stuff like expensive grooming stuff, show trolley ...... :clap: . But hey - I could be wasting it on the pokies, or riotous living - this has got to be much better for me :p .

How much are the entries? Does obedience and agility cost the same to enter? I have some videos from yesterday that i will post a bit later- one of them in particular i think is lovely- not because the work is that great but because it is our former extremely fearful dog working for my OH. Watching the videos you wouldn't think she used to be so scared of him :) If he was home, she wouldn't eat for the first 6 months we had her (adopted at 12 months old) and it has been a long and hard road just to get her to cope with every day situations. We have now had her for close to 4 years and although she can't cope with some situations, she is as good as she will ever be. She did some gorgeous happy work yesterday and i was so proud of her.

Depends Cosmolo - the standard price here seems to be $8-$9 whether that is agility or obedience. The only difference is mostly obedience are single days and you tend to only be entered in one class or at the most 2 classes (unless your Ptolomy and enter three :) ). Agility on the other hand are normally double trials so AM and PM. Most people would do both AM and PM trials and most would enter there dog in at least 2 classes in each trial (so AD/JD AM and PM) or (JD/JDO).

Especially when you consider having a dog who is running at masters level - most would enter open and masters in both agility and jumping and so thats 4 runs in the AM trial and again in the PM trial - and thats just one dog!!!!

ETA. Looking forward to seeing your videos Cosmolo. Its certainly an achievement not to be sneezed at when you can get a fearful dog to cope who use to struggle to cope with every day situations and can get them doing gorgeous happy work.

Edited by ness

It cost me $41.25 to enter 4 classes in the agility night of the Western Classic with 1 dog, that's more expensive than normal trials though. Some of our trials only charge $5 for open which is good, I enter those just because they are cheap :) I'd say $8 or $9 is normal for our agility trials

The one I am going to this weekend is $15 per class. Thankfully my dogs haven't been officially measured as yet or it would be $90 for obedience, agility and jumpers, then another $60 for the two shows as well!

The almost $100 before the cost of fuel etc was enough of a heart attack for me after my first time back in over 6 years :) Next one will be rather more expensive though!

:) RubyStar - apparently standing up after you get knocked by the leash clip after some steward decided to have the lead draped around his neck thereby having to be told to sit again doesn't constitute a loss of points in UD either.

Ness occasionally likes to peak as well and I have never been that worried.

Nice work Seita - I thought Ella looked great.

Thanks! Also getting up from your sit because a possum ran along the top the fence beside your ring and having to be told to sit again (several times - the possum was just soo damn tempting) doesn't lose points either!!

As for entry fees - most clubs charge around $7 here in QLD, some a little more, some a little less. The bigger trials like the Royal and the States are a bit more. I can't answer for agility as I never look at the fees for that!

Some Victorian trials often run an extra JD and/or JDM class per trial and some even have extra ADM runs. Plus games - at one trial last year you could enter a Masters level dog in 14 runs per day :)

Here is the Georgia Porgie

I am also a bit proud of these ones- Cosmo used to hate obedience (completely my fault) and after lots of work and being careful not to train too often, she enjoys it again. Its not pure obedience- there are tricks thrown in too- because she enjoys it more this way. OH is a bit too forceful with the tug at times- hard to adjust sometimes after playing tug with Dexter!

And one each for the crazy boys- they were nuts after being locked up for a few days (our backyard and surrounds were flooded!)

Sorry there are so many videos- we went a bit nuts videoing things yesterday! :heart:

How good is it to be able to go training with a bunch of similar minded people, have your kids work their little socks off, get to chat with your mates and then enjoy chocolates and the most yummy mars bar and snicker bickies afterwards.

Big C/T I really enjoyed tonight - thanks guys :heart:

How good is it to be able to go training with a bunch of similar minded people, have your kids work their little socks off, get to chat with your mates and then enjoy chocolates and the most yummy mars bar and snicker bickies afterwards.

Big C/T I really enjoyed tonight - thanks guys :)

:laugh: And now you have morning tea sorted for you with the leftovers :rofl:

I had a great night too :o Happy with Ruby's work, Millie left a lot to be desired tonight though :eek: My two like to keep it interesting by keeping me guessing who is more ready for Open than the other - it changes week to week :eek:

"THUD" :thumbsup:

That was me coming back to earth at training tonight :thumbsup:

No idea what the 4 white cones mean

AND

this is a newie - no idea what to do with the wash cloths

:):sleep::):(:):eat::o

Back to square 1 we go.........

PS - If anybody finds Soggy's sit stay can you please send it back - it would be very much appreciated :D

Naww Ptolomy you are more than welcome to borrow Ness's sit stay for Soggy anytime you like :thumbsup: .

Poor Moo - you didn't fry his brain the other night but you have now. I am sure he will remember it in time for the next trial.