Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Just home from our first night training session for the year. In the rain must be mad!

Coco was a good girl did some really great scent work but baulked at the jumps at the last second both sides. Think it was the poor lighting throwing shadows onto the approach side. Once I put her over them from close up both ways she did them no problems. So am quietly pleased with tonight.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"THUD" :thumbsup:

That was me coming back to earth at training tonight :thumbsup:

No idea what the 4 white cones mean

AND

this is a newie - no idea what to do with the wash cloths

:):sleep::):(:):eat::o

Back to square 1 we go.........

PS - If anybody finds Soggy's sit stay can you please send it back - it would be very much appreciated :D

Oh dear...Rooster to feather duster!!!

See you tomorrow night :D

PS - If anybody finds Soggy's sit stay can you please send it back - it would be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

[/size]

I think the sit stay fairy went and stole Soggy's and Millie's at the same time, and me thinks it did it while our backs were turned, literally! Because we've lost ours, too.

I had a glass of champagne before my last obedience trial, and I don't normally drink the stuff. Not sure if it actually helped or not, but I forced myself to relax a bit and have fun! It paid off :laugh: But I find it terribly hard to do with Ruby these days for some reason! I get wound up in knots trialling her in obedience :provoke:

I can sypathise. I don't want to let my dogs down by screwing up the handling, but by getting uptight they look at me like I have three heads and I do then stuff it up so it is really counter productive. Me thinks the whole bottle sounds like a good enough dose for me!!

Well I missed my monday training due to having a migraine for 48hrs - and this morning my dog worked as if he was a star, he was bouncy, enthusiastic and his heeling was so so awesome ( Ok people what did you do with my lazy lab and who is this doppelganger in his place!!) I was seriously shocked, he is always pretty good but this morning he outdid himself!

And as for nerves, I even get nervous for club trials and show and go's so no idea how i am going to cope in a real trial, I find tho that as soon as I step in the ring I am better though, its just before thats the issue.

Ptolomy and Bedazzled, do you guys still get nervous??

Generally no - but for UDX last Saturday I was a mess, the further we went the more my tongue got stuck to the roof of my mouth, my mouth was so dry and I was sure that when I went to give a verbal stand nothing was going to come out.

Generally no - but for UDX last Saturday I was a mess, the further we went the more my tongue got stuck to the roof of my mouth, my mouth was so dry and I was sure that when I went to give a verbal stand nothing was going to come out.

Lol! I know that feeling. I think generally i will be ok until something goes wrong and then i will start to stress out and panic ;)

I think for me part of the problem is it is such an organisational feat to actually get to a trial I don't want to stuff it up as it may be months and hundreds of dollars to get to another trial for another go. If I had the opportunity to got to trial regularly and not have to spend so much on fuel and accomodation then I wouldn't be so worried about muffing it. At the moment even if the dogs passed every trial that I entered them in it would still take two years to get their titles.

If I can fit in a trip or two to Perth then I may be able to do it sooner but the odds of that are very slim.

Nup.... I've been humbled too many times!!!! I go into the ring knowing what I've trained and what he is capable of and the rest is in the lap of the gods!!!

And as for nerves, I even get nervous for club trials and show and go's so no idea how i am going to cope in a real trial, I find tho that as soon as I step in the ring I am better though, its just before thats the issue.

Nup.... I've been humbled too many times!!!! I go into the ring knowing what I've trained and what he is capable of and the rest is in the lap of the gods!!!

Now you wait until your first UDX trial and I will ask you again :D

Mmmm humbled. This is one of the things that add to my nerves. I almost need to fail to see that it isn't that bad. Feeling the pressure even more after getting a decent score with Poppy.

Interesting distractions at training tonight, the soccer club were doing drills right next to our rings!

UD is great for the nerves :D . I have lost count of the number of rounds I have failed now with Ness and am over feeling nervous now.

Kenz - hmm different kettle of fish but I just need to remember she is well trained and knows her work inside out - its just like taking a walk in the park :D .

UD is great for the nerves :eek: . I have lost count of the number of rounds I have failed now with Ness and am over feeling nervous now.

Kenz - hmm different kettle of fish but I just need to remember she is well trained and knows her work inside out - its just like taking a walk in the park :confused: .

This is me now. Used to get really nervous but now we have found so many different ways to muck up a perfecty good UD round that the nerves have gone away. Only taken about 20 years :laugh::laugh:

:o Yep - UD is character building. :rolleyes: My previous BC Sam once was still sitting onzero going into the group exercises - at least he did put a score on the board then. :) A friend and her lovely Pem Corgi - normally a great and successful team, actually ended up owing the judge points one day - not only did Shiloh have a really bad day and fail to put any scores on the board, he also peed in the ring - which he never, never did normally.