Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Morning all..... still feels like an awful dream

Was wondering how those Boxer pups and all surviving Cavs are going? Did the 2nd vet check show they were OK?

So dreadful about Magnus and Meg. I guess the only small upside is that it must be a relief to have all the dogs accounted for.

I hope Jane is still stable and her surgery goes well today.

FTPO, organising and distributing flyers was a selfless and generous thing to do. Founding out afterwards that Magnus had in fact passed in the fire was shocking and sad. You did not intentionally hurt anyone.

I would love to go around and assist pulling the flyers down, but am so far away. Hugs to you, huge effort.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this some time ago and saved it on my computer...It is an appropiate message for the beautiful Magnus TBCSITW and his mates...

"I think their spirit goes up there, to Sirius, the Dog Star. I can't imagine anything else that would keep it burning so bright and constant." --- Captain Ezra Harper, from the novel, DogStar

I am in tears, this is so sad, poor Jed.

I'm sorry to have to say that Magnus has been found under Janes bed with the three boxers and the lovely black Cocker Meg, all obviously smoke inhalation and not burnt at all. They are being cremated seperatly tonight.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :welcome:

How unbearable for Jed, losing so many loved ones at once. I was so hoping that Magnus would come back to give her the strength and will to battle on.

Me too. Oh god, this is just so heartbreakingly awful.

So incredibly poignant knowing that they'd all gone to be with their mum. :welcome:

:laugh::laugh:

I am so so sorry to read more of this heart breaking news.

Run free TBCSITW. Watch over your mum in her time of recovery and need, and look after the babies you now have with you.

Oh I just can’t comprehend how awful this all is. It is hard enough losing a loved one to old age, let alone so many and in such a tragic incident.

I guess one small comfort is they were together, and hopefully unaware of what was happening. RIP little ones; play happily in those heavenly playgrounds.

I've read this thread over and over and haven't known what to say :welcome:

Words cannot express the pain that Jed and her family must be going through, all I can say is that it is so pleasing to know that there are so many that care for her and her dogs.

A big kudos to all that have helped and especially to MDBA.

Thinking of you Jed and hoping that you make a speedy recovery.

I have not been on DOL for a couple of days, so Have only just saw this :laugh::wave::)

Have not read this in full yet but my thoughts are with Jed :laugh:

RIP To all the dogs :welcome:

Edited by *Heidi*

So sorry to hear about TBCSITW ... just heartbreaking :welcome:

All we can hope for is that Magnus and the others passed peacefully. Hopefully they were not even aware of what was going on and simply went to sleep.

RIP to all of these beloved pets. Run free always.

Love and prayers to Jane for a full recovery.

Like everyone else I was hoping that Magnus would be found alive and would be there to help Jed through her recovery. :welcome:

Words fail me ... I can't imagine how anyone is going to break any of this news to her, let alone tell her that TBCSITW is no longer with us.

Jed will be in my thoughts day (more so than the last couple of days) as she goes through her surgery.

I don't know what to say. It just devastating to read that Magnus (and so many of her babies) has gone :laugh:

We were all clinging to the hope of finding him as something positive to come out of this tragedy. Sending all my strength to Jed :welcome:

To Jed’s family and friends my heart goes out to you and to all those that are on the front line and behind the scenes supporting Jed I applaud you. To those beloved animals that have passed I am just so so sorry, RIP :welcome: and to those that survived, thank goodness. To you Jed, may you somehow find the inner strength you are going to need to slowly get your life back to any sort of normality. I have not stopped thinking of you :laugh:

Edited by Tobster