Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

I'm sorry to have to say that Magnus has been found under Janes bed with the three boxers and the lovely black Cocker Meg, all obviously smoke inhalation and not burnt at all. They are being cremated seperatly tonight.

I feel sick.

:(

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tears come more easily than words.

RIP

godspeed

It's wonderful to see all the support this community has to offer.

Sounds like Jed has a long haul ahead of her.

I'm in the midst of moving between continents and feel unable to offer much but a financial donation.

Wonderful to see all the support the DOL community has offered. I hope, and expect, that support will continue to flow for many months to come.

How heartbreaking that Magnus has gone too. We had a glimmer of hope that he would be found alive.

Oh my God, how will Jed ever come to terms with this tragedy. She's a very strong and courageous woman but this is almost too much for any human to bear.

Thank God for her friends and family and all those wonderful people who are going above and beyond to help in the midst of this devastation. MDBA Pacers and especially Julie. You are angels on earth. Thanks also to those who are keeping us updated.

Rest in peace to Jed's beloved ones who are no longer here :(

Edited by cavNrott

I think at least while we had hope that Magnus was alive hiding somewhere, it seemed a little easier to bear, poor Jane :cry:

Yes, he was definitely the symbol of hope we were all clinging to, wanting there to be some good news for Jed when she wakes. This is just too much. :cry: Tonight's news just broke my heart, I can't begin to imagine how Jed will possibly cope with it. I have been crying non stop since reading Goldchow's update...just can;t turn off the tears...keep seeing that pic of him in the floppy hat in my head. :cry::cry::cry: Oh cripes Jed I'm so so sorry.

How heartbreaking that Magnus has gone too. We had a glimmer of hope that he would be found alive.

Oh my God, how will Jane ever come to terms with this tragedy. She's a very strong and courageous woman but this is almost too much for any human to bear.

Thank God for her friends and family and all those wonderful people who are going above and beyond to help in the midst of this devastation. MDBA Pacers and especially Julie. You are angels on earth. Thanks also to those who are keeping us updated.

Rest in peace to Jane's beloved ones who are no longer here :(

This too.

RIP Magnus, The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World. A true legend of this forum, I fell in love with you many years ago and have taken so much enjoyment from all the stories of your exploits.

Such a character, and always described in such beautiful and colourful detail by your Mum.

May there be lots of Smurfs to hunt over the bridge....

Absolutely heartbreaking. For all the lost ones, but for me, this is hardest to hear. Goodbye old man. You were always there to be with Little Evie in the many hunting expeditions of the past. She is still with us but aging and this brings home her mortality as well.

Vale Magnus, The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World.

Phillipa

RIP Magnus :( run free with your friends at the bridge

Jed stay strong and get well soon, it is unthinkable the news that awaits you but our prays are with you and your family.

I hope all those helping out are looking after themselves, this must be so hard on you all. you have all worked so tirelessly, you are all an inspiration. :cry::cry::cry:

I think at least while we had hope that Magnus was alive hiding somewhere, it seemed a little easier to bear, poor Jane :cry:

Yes, he was definitely the symbol of hope we were all clinging to, wanting there to be some good news for Jed when she wakes. This is just too much. :cry: Tonight's news just broke my heart, I can't begin to imagine how Jed will possibly cope with it. I have been crying non stop since reading Goldchow's update...just can;t turn off the tears...keep seeing that pic of him in the floppy hat in my head. :cry::cry::cry: Oh cripes Jed I'm so so sorry.

Oh my God, how will Jane ever come to terms with this tragedy. She's a very strong and courageous woman but this is almost too much for any human to bear.

Rest in peace to Jane's beloved ones who are no longer here :(

This too.

Yep I know and very much appreciated but we will be doing everything we can to ensure the horses stay where they are. I didn't mean to sound we were in any way not appreciating the offer.When I answered I had just found out about Magnus and was a bit of a wreck. :cry:

RIP Magnus, The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World. A true legend of this forum, I fell in love with you many years ago and have taken so much enjoyment from all the stories of your exploits.

Such a character, and always described in such beautiful and colourful detail by your Mum.

Absolutely heartbreaking. For all the lost ones, but for me, this is hardest to hear. Goodbye old man. You were always there to be with Little Evie in the many hunting expeditions of the past. She is still with us but aging and this brings home her mortality as well.

Phillipa

Me too. How will we ever be able to tell her ? :(:cry:

Phillipa

Me too. How will we ever be able to tell her ? :cry: :cry:

Oh, Julie, I don't know. :(

You and the whole team of incredible people who are there for Jane are very much in my thoughts - the emotional devestation of this fire will be there for a long time. Jane has an amazing support system and as this forum alone shows, an abundance of love coming her way. I hope she can draw on it if her own strength falters at times.

I do know that every doggie that comes into work today is getting extra cuddles from me.

So sad. So horribly sad.

:cry: