Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

comforting pics to know that the dogs are being so well cared for. Thank you Steve. How precious is Chi Chi- she is a true survivor. May she bring comfort in her strength to reassure her "mum' when they meet again.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gawd, Steve. You KNOW how to make people cry, don't you. :laugh:

And I KNOW who'll treasure Chi Chi's lovely pic. Her mum.

It speaks volumes about how lovingly her pets are being looked after. :)

No point in me keeping all of the bawling to myself Mita. :)

Smart lady! It worked.

Half my crying is knowing how happy ChiChi's pic will make her mum. She saved the little mite at the cost of serious injuries. And here's Chi Chi tucked up safe & warm & comfy in a home away from home.

'Scuse me. Fogging up again.

Gawd, Steve. You KNOW how to make people cry, don't you. :cry:

Smart lady! It worked.

Half my crying is knowing how happy ChiChi's pic will make her mum. She saved the little mite at the cost of serious injuries. And here's Chi Chi tucked up safe & warm & comfy in a home away from home.

yep I hear you.Seems Ive been quite successful in spreading the bawling around but last night when I heard Magnus was gone for a little while I thought perhaps I was too bawling and that I might never stop. :laugh:

Smart lady! It worked.

yep I hear you.Seems Ive been quite successful in spreading the bawling around but last night when I heard Magnus was gone for a little while I thought perhaps I was too bawling and that I might never stop. :laugh:

No need to worry Steve you certainly shared it around :D , I just couldnt stop crying either when I heard about Magnus and the others being found, :cry: it took so much hope away didnt it :cry:

Hugs to you and to all who are in the firing line.

Hope that Janes family are holding up ok Poor poor things , must be devastating for them knowing how much she is going to go through

Smart lady! It worked.

I know what you mean Julie. When I had to write the update to the media release saying that Magnus' body had been found I think it was the hardest thing I have ever written. :cry:

I am supposed to be working on an assignment for uni today and I just can't seem to get my head around it. :cry:

Just sitting here and thinking of Jane and the puppies and dogs she rescued, what a wonderful human being she is.

Was so very sorry to read about Magnus' body being found :)

The photo of chi chi is just beautiful ....

This is all so terribly sad, I can't read the posts without crying. And really am quite lost for any words.

Jed, when you are well again, please know that I am just one of many praying for your healing and strength to deal with your terrible loss.

Thank you for the photos of the survivors. Made me smile to know some got out ok, and they sound like they are in great hands! :heart:

Thank goodness some of her babies are ok and she will have them to cuddle and hold when she is well again. Thank goodness Jane is still alive herself too, for one thing we need people like her in the dog world. I really respect her posts and she has always, always stood out to me on the forums. Anything she says I sit up and take notice, I have so much respect for her.

Wendy I too cannot concentrate on my uni assignment.

I have decided that bugger it, I am going to take the dogs to training tomorrow and herding on Sunday.

Life with our furry four legged loved ones is too short to be wasted and unappreciated.

Just popping in to let Jane know I am thinking of her, and waiting for any news on how she is progressing.

My thoughts have been with you all day, and with those that are helping you while your recover.

also wanted to add my thanks on the update of the the precious ones that survived..

Edited by ~Harminee~

Any word on whether Jed had the surgery today and if so, how it went. I know sometimes they dont get operated on till late so she might still be waiting. I hope she is improving anyway, I dread when she realises the full extent of her loss.

It's heartening to see pics of Chi Chi and the cavs. Thanks so much for putting those pics up Steve. :(

Mona, what a lovely poem. :doh:

It certainly is. Thank you for those photos Steve.

Magnus' survival was something we were all hoping for and devastating to all of us that it wasn't to be. We now at least know where he is, along with the others which is some small comfort.

The three surviving boxer puppies are doing fine as is Shandy (Shithead) and Marjory and who are with Marg Coles who bred Marjory. The cavvies here have all had their breakfast of warm rolled oates, milk & honey, ( 1 degree here this morning) had several hours of exploring, said hi to the geese, and were rapt in the guinea fowl because they made so much noise and now snoozin in the sun. Chi Chi was checked by the vet yesterday and has medication for her eyes which are still smoke affected and ear tips which are slightly singed but she's doing fine also and quite taken with her coat which I gather she's never worn before because she always slept on Janes bed.

Two vets are coming in next week to give all Janes dogs a good check up and another Pacer member and another breeder will be coming in regularly to help with the grooming and general care of Janes brood.

Channel 9 have been in filming the dogs and where they are, apparently to be shown when Jane is well enough to watch TV and can see that her dogs are all doing okay.

The RSPCA were very good and the fellow we were dealing with on the day, Travis, could not have been more helpful. The dogs had all been bathed and under heaters to dry off when we finally arrived at Fairfield to take delivery, all of which was also filmed. Was particularly appreciative to the photographer who was able to back the dog float for me in what was a very small turnaround area.

All thoughts and prayers are with Jane now and as already mentioned by others, I dread Janes reaction when she finally realizes all her special dogs are gone.

Thank you for the update Lesley. It's lovely to hear that the survivors are doing so well considering. All of you hands on involved are angels.

Thank you for updating us Lesley. This must have been a horrific few days for you and I hope you're taking a little time for yourself. Hugs :heart:

Ditto.

Will check back later incase there is some further news on Jed after her surgery.

Edited by Georgie-boy

I'm so sorry to hear about Magnus. I didn't follow his story but it's clear how special he was to a lot of DOLers. It sounds like he and Meg and the 3 Boxers must have died quite peacefully (I hope?) which is a small consolation. And that there will be a lot of very happy furkids waiting for Jane when she's improved.

I just wanted to add that I think if this had happened to any DOLer, the response would be the same, which I find truly amazing and very encouraging. The community always has its ups and downs but it really knows how to come together in times like this to provide as much support and care as possible.

I think everyone here helping is just incredible.

I hope I haven't said anything out of line, just very hard to put things into words in a situation like this.

Edited by iltbyâ„¢

This is all so sad. :heart: R.I.P. all of those much loved family members who did not survive. :laugh:

I hope that the op today went smoothly. Sending love and prayers for Jed and her family. :doh: The surviving dogs, bless them. :(

I so admire the friends who are helping with this tragedy. They are doing a wonderful job, on top of dealing with their own shock, sadness and tears. Thank you so much.