Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, have learned a lot from the loss of these beautiful souls - I am not taking anything for granted, I will take more time to spend with my loved ones, I will live my life with no regrets and stop to smell the 'roses'.... thank you beautiful angels for teaching me this. It is so terrible that it takes a tragedy for people to be 'awakened' - may we all learn something from this so that their lives have not been lost in vain. It is incredible to see a bunch of people who barely know each other, but for a few posts on a forum, all join together in a time of great need. I am honoured to be a part of such a great community. Thank you to all of you.

It was lovely to see the photos of the little ones looking safe and well, a glimmer of hope and light in all of this. I am sending Jed and her family and close friends so much love, my heart is breaking for all of you and what you have gone through and are still to go through but you WILL get through this.

I had to donate, I decided my dogs could go with no treats for a couple of week in order to give to Jed and her dogs. My thoughts are with her and her dogs.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am truly amazed at this forum and the people who rally in times of need.

Just wanted to share this...

I had someone in at work today, they saw the cards for owners who have lost pets, they started to talk about the lady who was hurt trying to save her pets in Qld, that how amazing she was that she went back in for them. They were wondering what was going on and how she was. I told them what has been posted here and they also wanted to send their good wishes on to Jed and her family.

All the girls at work also send on their best wishes and have told me to let them know of any updates as they come in.

Cin

Will it be helpful to Jed to have donations in coming months of goods as well as money? I have a chihuahua and another little tiny terrier and have lots of bits of pieces that are brand new that were bought for my dogs but that I could donate to Jane as she gets back on her feet. I have an unused dog bed, some coats and collars and treats and leads and other bits and pieces. Do you think I should put them aside for Jane or do you think she won't need these kind of things?

Does anyone know if Jane was insured? I hope that's not rude to ask.

Cait will be in touch tonight and I will let you know as soon as I know anything, as will Steve I am sure. She has been calling around 9ish.

Thank you Toohey and to Steve as well.

goldchow

Thanks for letting us know

We now at least know where he is, along with the others which is some small comfort.

yes agree , never to find out would be awfull

Yes I agree.

I, for one, have learned a lot from the loss of these beautiful souls - I am not taking anything for granted, I will take more time to spend with my loved ones, I will live my life with no regrets and stop to smell the 'roses'.... thank you beautiful angels for teaching me this. It is so terrible that it takes a tragedy for people to be 'awakened' - may we all learn something from this so that their lives have not been lost in vain. It is incredible to see a bunch of people who barely know each other, but for a few posts on a forum, all join together in a time of great need. I am honoured to be a part of such a great community. Thank you to all of you.

It was lovely to see the photos of the little ones looking safe and well, a glimmer of hope and light in all of this. I am sending Jed and her family and close friends so much love, my heart is breaking for all of you and what you have gone through and are still to go through but you WILL get through this.

:heart: Well said Kendall. I agree with you and I think this tragedy has awakened a lot of us.

Talked to the Adelaide Veterinary Student Association and we are going to try and get together some money to donate. We are a bit strapped for money too but will do what we can and try and get donations from vet and animal science students.

Money is what's needed now isn't it? No physical things for the dogs yet?

Lovely post, kendall.

Eagerly lurking and waiting for an update on Jane..... :heart:

IMHO....

Auction the goods on DOL :(

I didn't really think they were substantial enough for an auction... Maybe I could package them up for an auction into a nice doggy gift pack? Is that helpful at all? Sorry I'm just feeling a bit lost and wish there was more to do to help :heart:

Brief update via text from Caitlin as follows..

Jane has had skin grafts today and if all goes well they may reduce sedation over the weekend. No setbacks, but the facial burns look very painful. She will keep me updated, as I will you.

Thanks guys.

Ouch :heart:

Jane has had skin grafts today and if all goes well they may reduce sedation over the weekend. No setbacks, but the facial burns look very painful. She will keep me updated, as I will you.

Thanks guys.

so glad to hear that Jane has come through the surgery without any setback.

please let her family know we are keeping them all in our prays

thank you so much for the update have been thinking of Jane all day as have so many others here.

Thanks guys.

Thanks Toohey. Its all sounding positive so far. Keep on fighting Jed, you matter to a lot of people. :heart:

sending out more love...

as for Bravery awards - I think the RSPCA do awards :heart: that just makes me laught, and I am sure would make Jed laugh too!

edited

Yup! The RSPCA Humane Awards

Edited by tianakaesha