Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you Toohey for keeping us updated - all we can continue to do is send healing vibes of love to Jane & hope that she continues her recovery.

To all the DOLr's in the waiting room and those who pop in to check on Jane's progress I wanted to post a little poem that I have always loved

(even though I don't consider myself religious and I have read it a hundred times it makes me smile and weep)

It is a simple ode to our pals - which is why we are all here in one shape or another.

I hope you like it.

CREATION VERSE

When God had made the earth and sky,

The flowers and the trees,

He then made all the animals

And all the birds and bees,

And when his work was finished

Not one was quite the same..

He said “I’ll walk this earth of mine

And give each one a name.”

And so He travelled land and sea

And everywhere He went

A little creature followed Him

Until it’s strength was spent.

When all were named upon the earth

And in the sky and sea,

The little creature said, “Dear Lord

There’s not one left for me.”

The Father smiled and softly said

“I’ve left you to the end.

I’ve turned my own name back to front

And called you DOG, my friend.”

My thoughts are still full of hope for Jane - candle re lit today

Thank you so much for the update Toohey... it's good to have some good news that Jed is recovering from her setback - AND that she is communicating.

Small steps forward Jed... we'll be with you all the way!

T.

Thank you Toohey - your efforts to keep us updated are SO appreciated :eat: Another day draws to a close, another day of healing done. Sounds like you are in the best of hands, Jed.

This lovely waiting room has magically washed away any angst I was feeling as I drove home through peak hour traffic. I knew we had some talented DOLers amongst us but the poems were beautiful - they obviously came straight from the heart :stupid: I might just settle into a deep, comfy chair for a while as I listen to the sounds of cats and dog devouring their respective dinners.

Sorta :stupid::eat: A bit off topic but if it can help Jed then its ok (in my eyes!)

I mentioned in another thread to Cockerlover maybe a JED Lead design could be made to help raise a few $$ for JED, Dog breeds are usually featured on the leads, has anyone any ideas in a JED lead ( sort of along the lines of strength and healing for Jed?)

Her Favourite place?

Words of strength ?

Jeds Favourite Standard The Lithuaninan Goat Catcher! lol

Just a few ideas, the money raised CL said could get a portion to the Jed Fund? Any ideas please let Cocker lover know, her leads are devine,

:)

Thank you Toohey :stupid: No questions at all......except on Jed's progress. Any news on Jed's health is much appreciated in this household. I have been and will be lighting a candle of hope each day until I know she is well.

Jed, please heal well and take all the time you need.

Edited by Anna

Thank you so much Toohey for the update, my heart feels a little lighter hearing this.

Keep up the good fight Jane dear, we are all still here patiently waiting and sending lots of love and healing vibes to you.

Thank you for the update Toohey. It is good to hear that Jed is getting over another bump in the long road.

Anyone for take away chinese for dinner tonight? Bought some and have plenty to share in the waiting room.

Thank you Toohey for passing on the positive and encouraging news.

Most of all, thank you Jed, for putting up such a strong fight. Little Cocker Spaniel sized steps will bring you all the way back to us.

My hubby just asked" what you doing" I said checking on Jed...he said how is she...? I had relayed the story weeks ago in tears at the pc....

It just occured to me how special it is that we are a family of people who love our dogs and animals and think of each other as special friends.....perhaps even a special family...

I am so proud to be a part of this forum and this site..

Looking forward to Jed's recovery.....

thank you for the update Toohey. we appreciate the updates.

this has been one of the most respectful threads i have seen on DOL and i am sure that translates to respecting Jed's privacy with everyone thankful that Jed is taking steps forward.

keep moving forward Jed!!

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy