Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dont get me wrong i too like bandiccoots.. since i have lived here in 1993 we have had only very very rare glimpses side of road casualty etc.. but this year there has been literally a population explosion...they have made a serious attempt to take over the farm and a darned good one at that. one evening i wandered out into the house yard to gaze fondly at my snoozing maremmas.. and there between them were two bandicoots...!! the dogs snoozed on .

unfortunatelyseveral bandicoots have been caught and killed by the dogs in the hosue yeard as well.. i have tried everything ican thinl of t keep them out for their own saftey..

the grassey areas have become covered with bandicoot digs I seem them everywhere when i walk about at night

H

Hahaha, they are buggers of things aren't they!...it looks as if the garden has been hit by aerial bombing by very small B52's overnight.

Good morning Jed, good to hear about your shoes :rofl: ...if you are interested..Russell Island does houses that are reasonable rent.

Edited by Boronia

Hi Jed,

Hope you are feeling a little better today.

I am glad you have the sickness benefits now, even if only for a little while.

Hopefully you can get deferment for you loan, even though it won't last for a long time I hope it helps.

It must have been so hard to see your house. Although I am glad you found your expensive sneakers untouched.

How wonderful the dogs are coming for a visit, I am sure you will all be soooo excited.

Still thinking of you everyday and sending all the healing thoughts and get well wishes I can.

Hope someone has a camera when you and the doggies get much wanted cuddles :rofl:

Thanks everyone, have applied for and been granted sickness benefits. May be able to get deferrment of the mortgage. Unfortunately, I wont be able to work for some months, and the deferrment wont last that long. No house for about 6 months, so I need rent something when my friends get sick of me. Will be off sickness then, and on the dole, although I wont be well enough to work. You need to be half dead to get sickness benefits.

Went to the property today. The state of the house is incredible. Unbelievable.

Daughter was happy to take me, as I was worried about the ponies.

Silver lining in everything. I found one of my uber expensive (bought on sale) sneakers, that I just loved, in the yard, un damaged. The other was in the laundry, where I had probably put it to dry. The dryer and washing machine had melted, but the second sneaker was fine. I was so happy.

I now have 2 pairs of shoes!! :rofl:

The girls are bringing the dogs down to see me on Monday - they asked which ones, and I said "Charlotte, and um, Dolly, and Grace, and perhaps Glory" --- so they gave up and said they would bring them all. Lovely to see them, I miss them so but it's nice that they have such marvellous people to care for them.

Jed it is great to hear your recovery is going well and you are up and about :laugh: Must have been an incredibly difficult visit to your property, the place of so much sadness and heartache :) , but your visit so soon is a real testament to your courageous character and this strength will help both your physical and mental recovery. So pleased that you will get to see your beloved pooches very soon and that you were able to visit yur ponies :D Also very pleased that you found the silver lining in your visit and I am sure you will treasure those sneakers :cry: Take care and best wishes for continued improvements in your recovery. You are very fortunate to have such great people in your life taking such good care of you and your animals. :cry:

That must have been very very hard :laugh: :D and your meeting the dogs again will be so bitter-sweet, Jed.

Just a bit of trivia:

I did a search on all my topics last night (I can't remember now what I was looking for :) ), but I found one I'd posted in 2004 wondering about the breed mix of a little dog I'd rescued at that time. You'd posted in that thread :rofl: . BTW, the little dog, Tamar, is still with me six years later :cry: .

Thanks everyone, have applied for and been granted sickness benefits. May be able to get deferrment of the mortgage. Unfortunately, I wont be able to work for some months, and the deferrment wont last that long. No house for about 6 months, so I need rent something when my friends get sick of me. Will be off sickness then, and on the dole, although I wont be well enough to work. You need to be half dead to get sickness benefits.

I am sorry you have had such a horrible thing happen to you but so many people here support you and it is very good to see you back again and getting better.

Have you received all the money that people here have given for you? I hope it will help so you don't have to worry about money for a long time, until you can work again :rofl:

Daughter was happy to take me, as I was worried about the ponies.

Silver lining in everything. I found one of my uber expensive (bought on sale) sneakers, that I just loved, in the yard, un damaged. The other was in the laundry, where I had probably put it to dry. The dryer and washing machine had melted, but the second sneaker was fine. I was so happy.

I now have 2 pairs of shoes!! :rofl:

The girls are bringing the dogs down to see me on Monday - they asked which ones, and I said "Charlotte, and um, Dolly, and Grace, and perhaps Glory" --- so they gave up and said they would bring them all. Lovely to see them, I miss them so but it's nice that they have such marvellous people to care for them.

Do you have mortgage insurance? A friend didn't think she had it and when she went to the bank to see if her repayments could be reduced after she was injured at work, she found she had mortgage insurance that would pay for around 13 months.

Great that you're going to see your dogs. :laugh:

Jed I pop in often to see how you are doing, I dont post very much but I (and many others that you dont know) think of you everyday and send many healing vibrations your way.

Please excuse me if I am butting in where I dont belong but I in regard to your financial situation ..is it possible for you to apply for a disability pension for the time being?

Apart from your physical injuries preventing you from working surely you would also be eligible for a disability benefit on emotional grounds?

I have heard of people being on a disability pension for post traumatic stress and depression.

With a disability pension you would not have to be looking for work like you do on the dole.

Also, (again excuse me if I am butting in) do you need clothes?

If you do what size are you?

I have some things ( some brand new with tags on) that I was going to put on ebay but I would be happy to send them to you, if they would be suitable.

Jed, no one in their right mind could possibly have thought that you were uncaring in your interview. Incredibly strong to hold it together so well? Definitely. No one who goes into a burning house time after time to save the lives of her dogs can be considered uncaring. Please don't give it another thought.

I hope that you sleep better tonight, sweet dreams. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking.

Jed, thank you for sharing your love for Mr Magnus. Like everyone else I was waiting for this post & in a way dreading it.

When it came, words fail me - so beautiful!

I was dreading it so much I ran away for a little while. Jed, your tributes for all your animals were so beautiful but heartbreaking.

Sorry to hear it's not going to be easy for a while yet - I still think about you every day and wish you well.

Waiting room people, the candle situation is looking a bit sad!

Jed I pop in often to see how you are doing, I dont post very much but I (and many others that you dont know) think of you everyday and send many healing vibrations your way.

Please excuse me if I am butting in where I dont belong but I in regard to your financial situation ..is it possible for you to apply for a disability pension for the time being?

Apart from your physical injuries preventing you from working surely you would also be eligible for a disability benefit on emotional grounds?

I have heard of people being on a disability pension for post traumatic stress and depression.

With a disability pension you would not have to be looking for work like you do on the dole.

Also, (again excuse me if I am butting in) do you need clothes?

If you do what size are you?

I have some things ( some brand new with tags on) that I was going to put on ebay but I would be happy to send them to you, if they would be suitable.

I was thinking exactly the same ,

also if u r in need of clothing ect im sure there r a few of us her that could help out if u let us know yr size ect ,so pleased u found a silver lining ,what courage u have Jed

Trusting your reunion with your fur friend lfts the spirits . .

Thanks guys - no mortgage insurance. Not much hope of adisability pension - same as sickness benefit, and if I am still sick, can be extended. No problems there, and I do want to go back to work when I can. Unfortunately, benefits are not enough to cover costs till I go back to work.

Thanks for the offer of clothes. As I have no where permanent to live, and am staying with people, no clothes rquired other than my immediate needs. Have bought a couple of pairs of jeans, and tops, that is enough till the weather changes, a few of my clothes survived the fire. Nothing else much did.

Hi Jed, and welcome back. I havent ventured in here much Im sorry to say, but I have been thinking of you and your recovery constantly! I did read your beautiful tribute to Magnus - what an incredible dog, to say the least.

Im glad you are getting sickness benefits, and glad you have dear friends to put you up!

Im glad also you got to see your beloved dogs!!

I wish you continued healing, both physical and emotional.

Thinking of you

LabRat ;)

I am sorry you have had such a horrible thing happen to you but so many people here support you and it is very good to see you back again and getting better.

Have you received all the money that people here have given for you? I hope it will help so you don't have to worry about money for a long time, until you can work again ;)

Hi Pippa, I believe that $7,000 odd giving by people here was deposited into an account for me - me daughter has full details and she is in USA. That was done soon after the fire on 12 May so I guess that was donations, although I am not sure. I also think there is another $3000 to be deposited into the account.

I am so grateful for the support.

Have you received all the money that people here have given for you? I hope it will help so you don't have to worry about money for a long time, until you can work again :o

Hi Pippa, I believe that $7,000 odd giving by people here was deposited into an account for me - me daughter has full details and she is in USA. That was done soon after the fire on 12 May so I guess that was donations, although I am not sure. I also think there is another $3000 to be deposited into the account.

I am so grateful for the support.

;) :laugh: Thats excellent Jed - I believe that is an outstanding effort DOLers!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Jed, great news that your flash new joggers were found safe and sound! Im sure it was good to see your ponies too.

Im wrapt you will get to see your dogs Monday - will you get to see Chi Chi too?

Your dogs will turn themselves inside out with joy when they see you. You best be sitting down or they will bowl you over ;)

Your strength of spirit is truly inspiring. Not a day goes by that you arent continually in my thoughts.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow when you get to cuddle your dogs. I am sure there will be many happy tears.

I am glad the money has helped you, I keep buying lottery tickets so if I win you can have some of it - don't seem to be winning though - will keep trying!