Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Is the size of the kibble bigger in adult than puppy?

No, it's the same. Most dogs are fine with it. Most, if not all, of the top premium brand kibbles are a similiar size. Cheap, inferior brands mainly have the large kibble.

I've used 3 different super premium brands other than Black Hawk and Black Hawk has been the smallest kibble by far.

Yes it is small but not a huge amount smaller than some of the others i have used.

I had/have no issue with the size, was just responding to sheena's comment :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tara,

Glad she is enjoying it, our 7 dogs inhale it too, although the greyhound does tend to take a little longer with it, but the staffords it is gone within seconds of giving them their food bowls. Looking forward to hearing how Abbey goes on it.

Regards,

Leslie

Thanks was just curious. Abbey loves it so much she is inhaling it wink.gif

i have noticed that the smaller peices are harder for them to get and it takes mine longer to inhale their food , they have to chase it round more :laugh:

I've had to get a 'go slow' bowl .... Labrador owner :rolleyes:

does anyone know or sherel are you able to advise if there are anymore retailers coming up in SA?

i really want to put my lad on BH but cant get to any of the stores

i could probably get to hackham but only on a saturday not sure if they are open can find that out but its kind of a rarity been

able to get out and about too far

somewhere central like petstock south road would be awesome, anyways just seeing whats about :) thanks

i have noticed that the smaller peices are harder for them to get and it takes mine longer to inhale their food , they have to chase it round more :laugh:

I've had to get a 'go slow' bowl .... Labrador owner :rolleyes:

Mine learned to inhale even using a go slow bowl.....golden retriever owner :laugh:

does anyone know or sherel are you able to advise if there are anymore retailers coming up in SA?

i really want to put my lad on BH but cant get to any of the stores

i could probably get to hackham but only on a saturday not sure if they are open can find that out but its kind of a rarity been

able to get out and about too far

somewhere central like petstock south road would be awesome, anyways just seeing whats about :) thanks

I would be happy to pick it up for you if you are having problems with the opening times. I am 5 minutes away from Hackham fodder, and you could pick it up from me.

Trish

My 3 month old labrador pup has been on supercoat until now, and seems to be doing well. However, at the puppy classes they discussed how important it was to feed a good quality premium dog food, at least for the first year as it grows. After that, it's not AS important.

After doing some research, i've come across Black hawk holistic. Unfortunately the WA price seems quite high comparitive to the eastern states prices. Is there any way of getting a small sample at a nominal cost? Just to see how my pup does on it, before making a larger purchase?

My 3 month old labrador pup has been on supercoat until now, and seems to be doing well. However, at the puppy classes they discussed how important it was to feed a good quality premium dog food, at least for the first year as it grows. After that, it's not AS important.

After doing some research, i've come across Black hawk holistic. Unfortunately the WA price seems quite high comparitive to the eastern states prices. Is there any way of getting a small sample at a nominal cost? Just to see how my pup does on it, before making a larger purchase?

Email one of the suppliers closest to you & they should be able to either send you out a sample or sell you a small amount to try. Contacts are listed HERE

Hi Dumpster

Email me your postal address to [email protected] and l will post you a free sample

Regards

Sherel

We have just opened our first bag of puppy food. We have a bitch who has a litter of three week old puppies. Bree has been fed BH Puppy for a month and she is producing huge amounts of milk. The puppies tripled their birth weight in two weeks (we would expect them to double their birthweight in one week).

They are fat little monsters with thick intense black coats. We will be weaning the puppies onto BH puppy. :)

i left a message for someone but they didn't get back to me --- it's near 2 weeks now and no reply! :shrug:

the new packaging: it says it's 'manufactured FOR blackhawk' and that it's '100% australian made' BUT NO WHERE does it tell me that it's from oz ingredients!

that was a HUGE selling point for me!

what's the go?

i left a message for someone but they didn't get back to me --- it's near 2 weeks now and no reply! :shrug:

the new packaging: it says it's 'manufactured FOR blackhawk' and that it's '100% australian made' BUT NO WHERE does it tell me that it's from oz ingredients!

what's the go?

Hi Skruffy & Flea, This topic was raised some time back & only Sherel can really answer it. The old bag only had 100% Australian Made on it too & I raised it with Sherel. It is 100% Oz made, produce of & owned, so maybe she feels that by saying it is 100% Oz made, that it covers the product from paddock to plate. I agree with you though, that something like 100% Australian Owned & made & 100 % product of Australia would be better, or just 100% product of Australia would probably cover it all. Even the trace elements are sourced from Australia if they are available, according to Sherel in an earlier post.

what's the go?

Hi Skruffy & Flea, This topic was raised some time back & only Sherel can really answer it. The old bag only had 100% Australian Made on it too & I raised it with Sherel. It is 100% Oz made, produce of & owned, so maybe she feels that by saying it is 100% Oz made, that it covers the product from paddock to plate. I agree with you though, that something like 100% Australian Owned & made & 100 % product of Australia would be better, or just 100% product of Australia would probably cover it all. Even the trace elements are sourced from Australia if they are available, according to Sherel in an earlier post.

I have no idea about BH, but those terms have specific meanings and "Australian Made" is about the site of manufacture, it doesn't mean Australian product is used although it may be.

This is from Wikipedia but it's a nice summary:

The definition for Australian Made means that the product is substantially transformed in Australia and at least 50 per cent of the cost of production has been incurred in Australia.

The definition used for Product of Australia requires that the product has all, or nearly all, of the manufacturing or processing carried out in Australia and that all of the products significant ingredients come from Australia.

The definition for Australian Grown is that each significant ingredient has been grown in Australia and all or virtually all of the production processes have occurred in Australia.

I suggested a neighbour try BH on their little fluffy - she went to the local stockfeeds place this morning where they sell it, but they also had some live bunnies for sale so she retreated and picked up Eukanuba instead from Petstock!

what's the go?

hi sheena and thanks for the reply :)

yeah, sherel and others had said that all ingredients were sourced locally [barring some exception regarding trace elements] so when i received my delivery, it bothered me that the packaging went as far as saying those 2 things but not saying from where the ingredients are sourced!

i guess somewhere deep down i do know that it's all australian product, but it'd be worth it to have the packaging show that too. there's also that wee voice inside too that keeps asking have things changed in the world of black hawk!?

Hi Skruffy & Flea, ...

I have no idea about BH, but those terms have specific meanings and "Australian Made" is about the site of manufacture, it doesn't mean Australian product is used although it may be.

This is from Wikipedia but it's a nice summary:

The definition for Australian Made means that the product is substantially transformed in Australia and at least 50 per cent of the cost of production has been incurred in Australia.

The definition used for Product of Australia requires that the product has all, or nearly all, of the manufacturing or processing carried out in Australia and that all of the products significant ingredients come from Australia.

The definition for Australian Grown is that each significant ingredient has been grown in Australia and all or virtually all of the production processes have occurred in Australia.

thanks for that diva :)

i guess therefore that 100% australian made means that the product is wholly transformed in australia and so therefore 100% of the cost...

as for the other two definitions, only sherel can say for certain --- it'd be a comfort to have both shown on the packaging in any event :)

I suggested a neighbour try BH on their little fluffy - she went to the local stockfeeds place this morning where they sell it, but they also had some live bunnies for sale so she retreated and picked up Eukanuba instead from Petstock!

i had a similar thing happen only i was looking to replace food bowls; walked in, saw the kitties, backed out...

your friend is best to contact her closest distributor and have it delivered to her door :)