Nasty Comment Made About Small Dogs

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

i'm sure this was just to provoke a response however on another (non dog related) forum I frequent, a regular made this comment about small dogs:

I bet it's a yappy little annoying c***. Small dogs are pointless and generally f***** annoying. If you want something under a foot tall get a cat. If you want a dog, get a proper one. Whenever I see little tiny annoying dogs they are normally attached to dimwitted, vacuous, air heads or overly camp men.

:mad :mad :mad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure this was just to provoke a response however on another (non dog related) forum I frequent, a regular made this comment about small dogs:

I bet it's a yappy little annoying c***. Small dogs are pointless and generally f***** annoying. If you want something under a foot tall get a cat. If you want a dog, get a proper one. Whenever I see little tiny annoying dogs they are normally attached to dimwitted, vacuous, air heads or overly camp men.

:mad :mad :mad

:rofl:

:rofl: I'm sorry but I found it quite funny. If I took notice of all the crap larger dogs got it would do my head it. Take all those comments with a grain of salt. Not everyone like little dogs and not everyone like bigger dogs, that's life. I'm sure I've said similar or worse about the bored shitless swf who lives next to me and barks all day and runs up and down the fence line taunting my dogs. I do t think I've ever seen him out for a walk :mad He's lonely and bored - I have to go down and talk to him to get him to stop barking, he just wants company, but my Godnhe irritates the crap out of me.

We all have things that bug us. You have to decide is it really hurting anyone at the end of the day. Though why can't people just say I don't really like small dogs and be done with it. The rest of the opinion is just utter dribble. I'm guessing to get a reaction. They are probably by nature someone overly opinionated and not worth the energy you've already put into this post.

I thought it was quite funny too. Don't think I'm any of what was suggested, just old and weak ;) so the littlies suit me fine. Had big dogs earlier and do love them but when a certain person got me to hold a really big dog for her at a show one day then I knew just how old and weak I was :laugh:

Well, that describes the mutt next door to me quite well :laugh::provoke:

:rofl: I'm sorry but I found it quite funny.

so did I. It was probably someone who saw the judgmental comments here about pitbull owners who abide by dangerous dog legislation but are suspicious because they wear a hoodie :rofl: What goes around comes around, as they say

Guest donatella

didn't take it to heart, i know (mostly the large dog owners) think that, brought it here as a Sunday conversation starter. I think big men that need big dogs are a bit like men that compensate with expensive cars :laugh:

just joking

I used to feel the same way about little dogs... then I got involved in rescue and learned how lovely most of them are... I'm quickly becoming a convert.

Seriously though, I prefer a larger dog to share my life with - much more of them to cuddle... *grin*

T.

Guest donatella

i've had weimaraners, labrador and terriers growing up and now have a pomeranian. I love dogs of all sizes but a small dog suits my lifestyle for now as i just dont have the big backyard for a big dog and i'm quite liking the cost of feeding her at the moment (about $1.50 at the moment for this god awful roll she likes and i've tried everything from home cooking to the BARF diet to expensive pet shop brands)

i've had weimaraners, labrador and terriers growing up and now have a pomeranian. I love dogs of all sizes but a small dog suits my lifestyle for now as i just dont have the big backyard for a big dog and i'm quite liking the cost of feeding her at the moment (about $1.50 at the moment for this god awful roll she likes and i've tried everything from home cooking to the BARF diet to expensive pet shop brands)

Lol, I can top that!!! I have had Great Danes and now I have miniature schnauzers. Like you, the smaller size suits our lifestyle too. Funny though, when we had the Dane, people were afraid of him and some of the comments were mind boggling, but he was just a pussy cat and played ever so gently with miniature dogs.