My Pug Alvin Is Missing

Clyde

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this time of year there are loads of holiday makers around too so if he has been taken, he could end up anywhere. Don't forget to contact Council and have him listed as stolen in case he comes into a Vet clinic somewhere as someone's pet.

Hopefully, you'll have him creating havoc in your life again by the days end though. :crossfingers:

I wouldn't list him as stolen so much as missing. It could deter someone from doing the right thing if they think they will be accused of theft if they simply picked up a wondering dog.

Was hoping he would have turned up safe and sound somewhere silly by now.... Like Aziah I'm wondering if he has gone looking for you and been picked up by someone.

Given the timing I think it's likely he's gone looking for you guys!

It just doesnt make sense that he would leave the other dogs to come looking for me being the kind of dog that he is ie very into the other dogs and home. Also for the last 2 weeks Ive been feeding pets for neighbours on either side of me and driven off then but left all dogs within my fenced garden and he hasn't come after me. He was here for 3 hours after I left, if it was immediate then perhaps more likely? Ive just searched all drains and surrounds again, this time really going under the hedges. I am really beginning to believe he is just not here. All the neighbours properties have been searched too. Going to go back and go thru the neighbours horse paddock again in case horse kicked him or something,

Police said I cant list him as stolen as I have no verifiable reason to believe it. He's listed as missing with all the pounds etc. Lovely girl at a pound ages away put him in the system for me, much more helpful than pounds closer to me who just took my details but not his chip details.

Maybe totally stupid idea but could you/have you tried using your dogs (eg Esme) to help looking for him on your property?

(Fingers very, very crossed)

I took her with me earlier but she showed no signs of knowing where he was.

I have no rabbit burrows here but will certainly check further afield.

I know this might sound silly, Alvin is a small Pug and also lean and fit. I wonder if a large bird of prey took him? I know it sounds stupid but perhaps one was circling for a chook or something :confused:

I know this might sound silly, Alvin is a small Pug and also lean and fit. I wonder if a large bird of prey took him? I know it sounds stupid but perhaps one was circling for a chook or something :confused:

There have been cases of Eagles taking small pups/dogs out our way .

Our there any dams /open water spots ??.

I know exactly how you feel Clyde :cry:

But don't give up hope if he has gone wandering - he may just turn up out of the blue. That's what happened with one of our girls - 3 days later.

Posters all over the area are well worth while. It's amazed me that we got calls from people in really out of the way areas that had sighted our girl. Even friendly dogs that normally love strangers can become terrified and not let people approach them when lost.

Fingers and toes crossed that your Alvin is found or wanders home soon. :hug: